• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Polara Trim

zigs

Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
I've been king around the idea of not putting the side trim back on my 64 Polara after I paint it.
Of course I have to make that decision before hand so I can plug holes. The car has nice lines with or without trim. Has anyone done this or a variation. Would like to see pictures.
Thanks

I welded the holes in 1 fender once to match the car.... not fun. You're talking about a lot of them.

My personal preference is the Polara trim. They really look slabsided without it, very plain. Okay for a sedan but not a hardtop IMO. And a lot of welding and chance of warpage as already voiced. Sorry can't resist the photo, not what you asked though. The 440 was an early racecar I built and although it has the 440 trim the insert area was just painted white so it has that plain look.

oldmopar6.JPG

64 polara.jpg

Last edited:
That hood lip trim was reproduced years ago by Special T's near Chicago. I bought one for a Polara 500 conv. I restored. Nice piece. Guy's name is Bill ? He advertises in Mopar Collectors Guide. He also restores trim and has nice stuff for early B-bodies. I bought a driver's side grill surround for my '67 R/T from him that he repaired, and again very nice.

Auto Transport Service
Back