• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poly Carb choices

i looked up the cam spec's for a stock '65 poly. it was 244 degrees, .400" lift. .050" duration is probably in the low 180's. the camcraft cam is significantly larger than a stock cam, not silly large, but may be an issue with stock log exhaust manifolds. keep in mind the poly cam is a different core than the LA318 core.

a 62-65 383/413 afb may be a bolt on. throttle bores ( 1 7/16" primary and 1 9/16" secondaries) may match up to the poly intake, linkage may be easy to do, and they're large enough for a performance 318 poly.

Maybe even 170's
but let's talk MOPAR and that 244
Mopar get's that number from the cam design blueprint
As the cam comes up the lifter ramp at some place the lash is gone bu the cam still goes up till it hits the opening ramp or down the closing ramp where it again hits a clearance ramp.
Take those two points
Add 8 degrees
That's your advertised duration MOPAR style
Consitent
Hyd or FT Mechanical or even the new hyd rollers
just don't try and compare with other cam companies

Gary ordered my cam through Schneider....

EDIT to add: Here is the info I received from Gary when I was planning my build. If the docs are unreadable I can e-mail them.
polyspec1.jpeg
polyspec2.jpeg
polyspec3.jpeg
polyspec4.jpeg
polyspec5.jpeg
polyspec6.jpeg

Last edited:
I took a look at my 86 Isky catalog- they did not have cores 30 years ago 89's the same
smallest chevy regrind was E-4 216 @ .050 .425 lift 108 lca Isky called it a 260 but with Isky it really is "advertised" duration

Auto Transport Service
Back