• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Polygraphite PST Suspension

I work at a company that make urethane foam parts and use molds made of urethane and fiberglass. I like urethane but only in certain applications like bump stops. Or springs. I don't like urethane that is used in a twisting or bearing application. Or near heat. The melting point of urethane is about 100°c or 212°f google it, if you don't believe me. And there are a lot of areas under the hood that get pretty hot. Sway bar end links strut bar bushings are OK. My car has home made poly-lock type engine mounts that I don't know if they will hold up. And sway bar end links are urethane. Everything else is rubber. So choose wisely...Just my 2cents!

I made a thread in PST's vendor section, but you asked the same question a couple posts up and didn't get an answer.

I'll burn the old bushing out and hope for the best.
there is response. I’m replying to make sure you get a notification to remove it all. Depending on your method I know some burn out the bushings first anyway ten collapse the shell for removal. Good luck

I burned the bushings out today - MAP makes fast work of it. Now I've got to figure out how to get the rubber soot off my spring end.

Auto Transport Service
Back