• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Polygraphite PST Suspension

I pm,d you but your inbox is full?

James From
PST
I have been trying to contact PST and can't get through. Put on hold....
My message inbox should accept messages. How do I purchase through paypal and get the discount? I need information still about rear shackle bushing install and bushings.

Here is a link to how the FBBO discount works.

B Bodies Only Member Discount

If you are wanting to us Paypal you would will need to place your order through our website as we do not take paypal on phone orders.

Thanks
James From
PST

Here is a link to how the FBBO discount works.

B Bodies Only Member Discount

If you are wanting to us Paypal you would will need to place your order through our website as we do not take paypal on phone orders.

Thanks
James From
PST
Will the shackle bushings fit an original shackle bracket? What kit do you sell that fits a 1970 charger? Are the shackle bushings installed with lubricant?
Are your front leaf spring bushings installed like the LCA bushings in that they are placed inside a burned out OEM rubber shell?

When you order online where do you specify the sway bar diameter?

If you want to use your original shackles here is link to the kit you will want. But you will need to measure your main eyes. They could be either 1.5" or 2" For the main eyes you will need to remove your old rubber and inner sleeves prior to installation

Polygraphite Rear Leaf Spring Bushing Set

If you want to use your original shackles here is link to the kit you will want. But you will need to measure your main eyes. They could be either 1.5" or 2" For the main eyes you will need to remove your old rubber and inner sleeves prior to installation

So the old rubber outer sleeve remains in the leaf spring? Burned out and then the new poly and inner sleeve is placed inside the outer sleeve?

How do I make note of the sway bar diameter when buying the front suspension kit online?

I'd buy that kit to replace the polyurethane in the Hotchkis shackle. The Hotchkis bushings have an inner diameter of 7/16" and an outer diameter of 15/16"-1". Are your shackle bushings compatible?

I'd buy that kit to replace the polyurethane in the Hotchkis shackle. The Hotchkis bushings have an inner diameter of 7/16" and an outer diameter of 15/16"-1". Are your shackle bushings compatible?
I will measure. I think I’m gonna take the plunge and hope it goes well with the PST kit.

During disassembly I saw the rubber deterioration and don’t want it again.

I do want to know more about what improper installation causes LCA bushings to work out.

I also want to know how the rear leaf spring eye bushings are installed. If anyone can comment that would be great. So far calling PST has been a problem. Not easy to get ahold of.
Thank you for all the help

What has been your issue with calling (800-247-2288) us ? We have 4 salesman on staff from 8:30am to 6 pm Monday through Friday? I am a bit confused, your thread is about leaf spring shackle bushings but you are now referring to LCA (lower control arm bushings) bushings. So what is it that you are looking for? Our shackle bushings install just time oem rubber the steps are the same. The only thing different is the you will need to apply a liberal amount of the grease supplied when installing the bushing to initially seat the bushings. Do you need LCA bushings as well ?

James From
PST

What has been your issue with calling (800-247-2288) us ? We have 4 salesman on staff from 8:30am to 6 pm Monday through Friday? I am a bit confused, your thread is about leaf spring shackle bushings but you are now referring to LCA (lower control arm bushings) bushings. So what is it that you are looking for? Our shackle bushings install just time oem rubber the steps are the same. The only thing different is the you will need to apply a liberal amount of the grease supplied when installing the bushing to initially seat the bushings. Do you need LCA bushings as well ?

James From
PST
I did call twice and will call again. I was put on hold for over a half hour and just so you know coming from a buyer you can’t tell when a caller is placed on hold. No voice that comes up. “We appreciate your patience. A representative will be with you shortly “. Nothing but silence. The last time I called I “placed on hold” and after waiting a half hour the phone disconnected. The first time I called I have to say the representative wasn’t very patient with my questions.
I am interested in buying but I need to know what to expect using these for the first time because I need to inform the mechanic what to do and at 62 I can’t tear down a front end again if I don’t like them or they “were installed wrong- it’s your fault “. I would highly suggest you have an intermittent voice come up for those on hold to tell them the expected wait time. And when you are transferred don’t disconnect them after waiting. My time is valuable too. You have videos. Put more YouTube showing how to install the LCA and Lead spring bushings. A video would go a long way explaining and maybe it would avoid the negative comments you have seen in this thread because someone misunderstood the installation process. OEM LCA bushings press in. Yours don’t. What keeps them in? I posted these questions because I tried calling and couldn’t get through. Having this I’ll call a hand I hope I get better customer service.

I am sorry if you were on hold as that seem unusual as well as what you described. But I am still confuse, are you looking at shackle bushings or LCA bushings? LCA are lower control arms bushings and are found in the front of the vehicle. So I do not know if terminology is being confused. Are you trying to refer the the main eye bushing on the leaf springs these are the large front bushings on the leaf springs? I have not seen any negative comments in this thread in respect to our product so I am confused by your statement. I have responded to all your installation questions so I do not understand the issue.

When you do call I would ask that you call and use the extension 326. This is a direct line to our one salesman John W. He is one of our seasoned employees and can aid you in putting any apprehension to rest.

James From
PST

I am sorry if you were on hold as that seem unusual as well as what you described. But I am still confuse, are you looking at shackle bushings or LCA bushings? LCA are lower control arms bushings and are found in the front of the vehicle. So I do not know if terminology is being confused. Are you trying to refer the the main eye bushing on the leaf springs these are the large front bushings on the leaf springs? I have not seen any negative comments in this thread in respect to our product so I am confused by your statement. I have responded to all your installation questions so I do not understand the issue.

When you do call I would ask that you call and use the extension 326. This is a direct line to our one salesman John W. He is one of our seasoned employees and can aid you in putting any apprehension to rest.

James From
PST
I will call. I am east coast and have to wait. I was referring to a different thread. Thank you for responding. I want your product. I just want to have it straight in my mind because I live in a rural area and I know the shop hasn’t installed them before and will need to explain the installation. Will the front end kit and leafspring bushings come with installation instructions? Lol

The LCA I was told needs to have the rubber bushing burned out and the new polygraphite bushing pressed in place. Does the bushing get lubricated on the outside where it goes back inside the outer shell of the lower control arm bushing? Is the installation of the front Eye of the leaf spring going to have the same installation procedure as a lower control arm? Do you burn out the rubber and install the Polygraphite Bushings for the leaf spring in its place? Do you use an inner sleeve? If so from the original or does an inner sleeve come with the kit? If I don’t get all the answers from this post I will be talking with your representative later on today thank you.
I’m trying to understand if people had issues with the lower control arm bushing walking out the front what could’ve caused that because I don’t want to duplicate the same improper installation.

We are east coast so we are in the same time zone as you. As for the main eyes you will need to remove the outer shell from the leaf spring prior to installing the bushing. All of this is outlined in the instructions that are included in the main eye and shackle bushing. We also supply the grease necessary to complete installation. New inner sleeves are included for the main eyes so you will not have to re use your original shells. The front kit does not have instructions. All the component of the kit install same as factory. There is a note with the LCA bushings included to re-use existing shells.

As for front lower control arm bushings walking out. That is a not possible. The strut rod is what stabilizes the lower control arm. So the only way that the lower control arm can "walk out" is if your strut rod bushing are bad as the LCA is sandwiched in between the strut rod, pivot shaft and k member. We have sold 1000's of lower control arm bushing with no issue. Chrysler never engineer the oe rubber bushing of the LCA to hold it in place.

Thanks
James From
PST

I will call. I am east coast and have to wait. I was referring to a different thread. Thank you for responding. I want your product. I just want to have it straight in my mind because I live in a rural area and I know the shop hasn’t installed them before and will need to explain the installation. Will the front end kit and leafspring bushings come with installation instructions? Lol

The LCA I was told needs to have the rubber bushing burned out and the new polygraphite bushing pressed in place. Does the bushing get lubricated on the outside where it goes back inside the outer shell of the lower control arm bushing? Is the installation of the front Eye of the leaf spring going to have the same installation procedure as a lower control arm? Do you burn out the rubber and install the Polygraphite Bushings for the leaf spring in its place? Do you use an inner sleeve? If so from the original or does an inner sleeve come with the kit? If I don’t get all the answers from this post I will be talking with your representative later on today thank you.
I’m trying to understand if people had issues with the lower control arm bushing walking out the front what could’ve caused that because I don’t want to duplicate the same improper installation.

Did you ever find out whether the bushing shell in the front of the leaf spring gets left in or not? I'm ready to do this job and I don't know whether I should burn out the bushing and leave the shell, or try to push the whole thing out.

Did you ever find out whether the bushing shell in the front of the leaf spring gets left in or not? I'm ready to do this job and I don't know whether I should burn out the bushing and leave the shell, or try to push the whole thing out.

Sorry It’s been a long time since I’ve called them and can’t recall.
Best to call them or message them in the vendor section. They do respond.
It would make sense to leave the shell. Either way I suppose you could get a head start and burn out the rubber.

I made a thread in PST's vendor section, but you asked the same question a couple posts up and didn't get an answer.

I'll burn the old bushing out and hope for the best.

For the main eyes you will remove the shell and just use the polygraphite bushing supplied.

Auto Transport Service
Back