Poor customer service!

Classic Industries

1. rrTor-Red

rrTor-Red FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:58 AM
    My experience was almost the same with Classic. it was for outside door handles that broke on the first try AND chipped my paint :up: while they claim to be "Mopar authentic restoration". I responded to a poster who had a quality issue with Classic but can't find the topic. I feel your pain Fitz

2. Coronet67guy

Coronet67guy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I've also had issues. Bought a set of plug wires for my 73 small block Charger. When they were too short I called Classic. I was told by the salesman that they knew they didn't fit but hadn't changed the description. When I asked them to send me another set so I would have enough long wires the best they would do is 10% off a second set. Ridiculous. Haven't really bought anything significant from them since.

3. Kern Dog

Kern Dog FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    10:58 PM
    People, you need to realize that they are a retail business, much like the local grocery store. They make nothing themselves. Everything they sell is made by an outside vendor and they have to take the word of that vendor that the parts are correct. I doubt that they inspect the parts or ever even test fit them.
    To those that complain about their meager discounts:
    What if their profit margins are so thin that they don't have a lot of room to discount? Ever thought of that?
    I am not here to defend the quality of their parts or their shipping charges. My experiences with them have been fine though.
    I have never owned a business but I know people that have. Outsiders have this false impression that they are all rich, swimming in money and only out to squeeze more money from their customers.
    Before your next purchase, ASK questions about the products. Learn what you can. I suspect that IF the clerk knows of a product fitment issue, they might be honest about it.
    In 2003 when I bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Year One, I was told of defects in the door handles and possible fitment issues with seat skins. From there it was my decision whether to buy or not.

4. Ron H

Ron H FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Have had issues with ordering parts from a few so called reputable suppliers I've posted about with others. As Kern Dog posted these suppliers mostly drop ship unless you do find a MFG that sells direct. That's kinda seldom. A recent example is ordered parts from CJPonies and their parts for mag wheels were shitty; but yet pricy. However, what irks me is when you talk to them they don't wanna hear about the problem even when describing how it could be friggin solved. They say contact the MFG and in this case they didn't even extend the curtesy of offering that info so had to go hunting on the web for it. Then this effing outfit sends me ads everyday now for their shit having got my email when I ordered! So I contacted the maker and crickets anyway. Some auto parts vendors are on this site and of course others and read of one replying to an unhappy member to understand the problem and try to make it right. This is a place I'd order from. Most often though you're talking to some schmuck on the phone or purported tech-line that either doesn't give a shit or knows shit about the parts they sell. I keep a list of these places so I never order from them again. And it's good for us to share these experiences as these outfits care less about one unhappy customer; but might think twice when their dirty laundry is shared among hundreds or thousands of potential ones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.