• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poor customer service!

Fitz73Chrgr

Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
I ordered part MB2099 (2 4"speakers with bracket to replace single 4x10 in dash on 68-70 B-body). The part does NOT fit due to heater control interference. I modified the part in several unsuccessful attempts to make it work. I understand I cannot return a modified part, but this misadvertised as a replacement part and I expect a resolution. I had to make my own bracket in order to fit the speakers to the dash.

I have emailed them 3 times with no response. It's funny, because when I simply wanted to change a different order, they were responsive. Now, no response in several weeks. Classic Industries, if you are reading this, which I assume you do based on your responses to other threads, my order # is 12989257. I will not be placing any more orders with your company without a resolution.

The first pic is the bracket I made, the second is the one Classic sold me that I modified.

Sincerely,
Patrick
An increasingly unhappy customer.

20190728_092453.jpg 20190802_174301.jpg

I feel your pain, I too went thru the exact same thing with that same part. It wasn't even close to fitting in "as received" condition. I just modified it to fit.

Whats the point of two speakers so close together anyway ?!?!?

I've spent thousands with classic. Usually the parts are shipped quickly, and work ok. Though there have been a few i've ordered that came with no paperwork, and left me scratching my head, and stretching my imagination. The times i've resorted to calling for help, i heard, "the tech is out to lunch", "on the other line", etc.( Never a return call .) Once, the only help they offered was to read the catalog description. Now i only buy from them if i can't find a better deal elsewhere.
They frequently have online discounts, though their bogus insurance fee & shipping usually wipe that out.

@ClassicIndustries1
@ClassicIndustries3

Your turn........:popcorn:

I want you to address why there was ZERO response to this members emails that was sent to your company. I do not want to hear some lame excuse, uhhh we didn’t get it....The op has the emails and there was not one returned as undeliverable...Based off the op first post....

I ordered part MB2099 (2 4"speakers with bracket to replace single 4x10 in dash on 68-70 B-body). The part does NOT fit due to heater control interference. I modified the part in several unsuccessful attempts to make it work. I understand I cannot return a modified part, but this misadvertised as a replacement part and I expect a resolution. I had to make my own bracket in order to fit the speakers to the dash.

I have emailed them 3 times with no response. It's funny, because when I simply wanted to change a different order, they were responsive. Now, no response in several weeks. Classic Industries, if you are reading this, which I assume you do based on your responses to other threads, my order # is 12989257. I will not be placing any more orders with your company without a resolution.

The first pic is the bracket I made, the second is the one Classic sold me that I modified.

Sincerely,
Patrick
An increasingly unhappy customer.

View attachment 813614 View attachment 813615

Hi Patrick,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with this product. We were not aware of this fitment issue until you brought it to our attention.
Please PM me with your telephone contact information so we can follow up with you via phone right away.

We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and would like to make this up to you in the way of a complete refund.
It is our company policy to answer all inquiries within 48 hours of receipt. However, when we tried to reach you by phone, we found that your phone number on record in our system is incorrect and the call could not be completed.

We take the matter of customer service very seriously and appreciate you and the other forum members bringing your experience to our attention. Rest assured that we will investigate to find out why you did not receive a timely response to your email, and management will take all actions necessary to ensure that any deficiency in our response time is resolved immediately.

In regard to the modifications that were required to the dash speaker to get it to fit your application, we would like to find out if you would be willing to share a template with us of the bracket that you fabricated.
If so, we could send the template to the supplier to see if we can get the fitment improved for any future customer. We would like to offer you a gift certificate or store credit to make it worth your effort.

We are looking forward to speaking to you soon to resolve this to your complete satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

I'd say can't expect a better reply than this and have ordered some things from them with no hassles. Ahh...don't get me onto other parts I've ordered that didn't fit from other suppliers and all I received was crickets much less with zero interest in learning about what the problems were so they could look into this. Class act Classic Industries.

Any reasoning why someone from your customer service didn't respond to the emails the OP sent? Is that not another form of communication since the phone number didn't work?

Ray,

Thanks for the reply. I got an email from another representative from the company a few hours ago as well. This is a more than reasonable resolution and as long as this is finalized I will once again be a customer and my only complaint will be the fact that I had to make such a big deal out of it to get a reply.

I'll put together a usable template to submit to the manufacturer.

To others reading, Ray did send a PM to follow up and I'll post once this is completely resolved, but I am happy with the change of direction on this issue.

As for the phone number not working, I typically don't put my actual phone number down when I'm signing up for anything, so yeah, it was wrong. If we REALLY need to speak on the phone, we can, but your business hours are also my working hours, so email is much more convenient.

Patrick

I'd say can't expect a better reply than this and have ordered some things from them with no hassles. Ahh...don't get me onto other parts I've ordered that didn't fit from other suppliers and all I received was crickets much less with zero interest in learning about what the problems were so they could look into this. Class act Classic Industries.

Any reasoning why someone from your customer service didn't respond to the emails the OP sent? Is that not another form of communication since the phone number didn't work?

Thank you, Ron H.
We are glad to hear that you have been happy with your experience at Classic Industries.

moparnation74,
We are investigating the issue to determine what happened with regard to the email reply.
It is highly irregular for a customer not to receive a response within 48 hours, even if it is as simple as a note to let the customer know that we are working on the issue.
Rest assured that we will find out why it happened and steps will be taken ensure something like this does not occur again.

In the meantime, we would like to try to find out why this speaker does not fit the customer's 1970 Charger.
Keep in mind, the speaker is listed for a 1968-69 Roadrunner. (not 1970 Charger)
The Roadrunner application is what the manufacturer claims the part will fit.
While we realize that dash pads and other components are similar within the 69-70 B-Body platform.
The fact that fitment is limited to Roadrunner gives us concern.

We are awaiting a response from the manufacturer regarding vehicle fitment.
Is it possible that there could be some differences between 1968-69 Roadrunner as opposed to 1970 Charger dash?
Any insight forum members could share would be greatly appreciated.
We would very much like to improve the product if possible, or maybe add a fitment note if necessary, to better set expectations of future customers.

Thanks to FBBO Members for any help with regard to ideas regarding fitment.

And, again, we will do our best to get Patrick taken care of and 100% satisfied with the end result.

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Good luck on your "investigation"........:eek:

I had the same issue of fitment with that speaker on my 69 charger.....I had to modify the frame as well to fit and to allow for proper operation of the heater controls....I may have some pics of that, just will have to do some digging...Thankfully, mine was done with the dash out of the car...The deeper cone/magnet and thick frame is what caused the interference.....

Have you seen post #2 above?

Sounds like someone should have asked about these on the forum first, before purchasing. I'm just glad to see CI working on resolving the issue so hopefully we all get a chance at a better product.

Sounds like someone should have asked about these on the forum first, before purchasing. I'm just glad to see CI working on resolving the issue so hopefully we all get a chance at a better product.
I thought we did just discuss this issue a week or 2 ago.
I have yet to see dual 4" speakers fit in a dash with the 2 mounting tabs centered with the speaker openings. It has to be offset like the op ended up doing. Like we stated in the previous thread, 3.5" fit much better.
Also glad to see CI taking care of this, but it reminds me of what I went through with them several years ago. Had to bring my issues up on this site to get results after many calls and emails to them went nowhere.
No difference in the dashes between 68-70 Chargers and Road Runners in regards to speaker mount and heater control interference either.

Last edited:
I gathered from a separate thread (in which hunt2elk was very helpful) that the dashes were the same and this part should be interchangeable. After I discovered that they were, I began emailing Classic. Several Roadrunner owners have reported the same issue. Additionally, the heater control bezel, also sold by Classic (part MB1238) is listed to fit all 68-70 B-bodies, and this is the part that the speaker interferes with. I'm comfortable saying that if it does not fit my car, it will not fit a 68-69 Roadrunner.

Link to thread referenced:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...ce-issue-installing-2-4-dash-speakers.176428/

Last edited:
I thought we did just discuss this issue a week or 2 ago.
I have yet to see dual 4" speakers fit in a dash with the 2 mounting tabs centered with the speaker openings. It has to be offset like the op ended up doing. Like we stated in the previous thread, 3.5" fit much better.
Also glad to see CI taking care of this, but it reminds me of what I went through with them several years ago. Had to bring my issues up on this site to get results after many calls and emails to them went nowhere.
No difference in the dashes between 68-70 Chargers and Road Runners in regards to speaker mount and heater control interference either.
Correct.....

This issue is not unknown it has been known for awhile and posted on other threads/forums and CI is only stepping in because they got called out publicly........

Good to see fellow CAR owners as yourself chiming in with true knowledge versus someone who provides nothing and just trolling!

I gathered from a separate thread (in which hunt2elk was very helpful) that the dashes were the same and this part should be interchangeable. After I discovered that they were, I began emailing Classic. Several Roadrunner owners have reported the same issue. Additionally, the heater control bezel, also sold by Classic (part MB1238) is listed to fit all 68-70 B-bodies, and this is the part that the speaker interferes with. I'm comfortable saying that if it does not fit my car, it will not fit a 68-69 Roadrunner.

Link to thread referenced:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...ce-issue-installing-2-4-dash-speakers.176428/

Thank you for the update, Fitz73Chrgr.
We have discontinued the sale of these speakers due to the fitment issue outlined in this thread.
Plans are to share the template Fitz73Chrgr made, with the manufacturer, and ask them if they can correct the bracket.
If we are able to find an alternate product or are successful in getting the bracket corrected on this product, we will keep everyone updated.
We thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

I could wish more suppliers were as intent to offer products that are a good aftermarket fit. I won't bore you with the number of occasions when this hasn't been the case, much less the interest and effort to try to make it right.

I just wanted to give an update. This story does have a happy ending. Ray over at Classic is a very reasonable a guy. He refunded the price of the part without asking for me to return it, which covered the cost of the part I made to replace it. Additionally, in exchange for sending in a template of the part I made for Classic to submit to the manufacturer, Ray credited my account with $50. I consider this a generous resolution on Classic's part and I will be ordering from them in the future.

Thanks again, Ray.

Patrick

I just wanted to give an update. This story does have a happy ending. Ray over at Classic is a very reasonable a guy. He refunded the price of the part without asking for me to return it, which covered the cost of the part I made to replace it. Additionally, in exchange for sending in a template of the part I made for Classic to submit to the manufacturer, Ray credited my account with $50. I consider this a generous resolution on Classic's part and I will be ordering from them in the future.

Thanks again, Ray.

Patrick
A very good outcome. Thank you for the update Patrick...and thank you to Ray for sorting this out. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back