• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POP UP ADVERTISEMENTS POLLUTION

RJRENTON

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
To WEB SITE OWNERS / MODERATORS
Lately, at least in week, or so, every time I use the FBBO SITE, a multitude of annoying pop up ads have been invading the site. These ads are usually related to Google, but not specific but range from lsdies underwear, Sam's Club, to shoes, goli diet pills, etc. This has become extremely annoying. I've checked all the Google settings and turned off anything related to searches or syncing anything.....what has happened? Is this an effort to help finance the operation or just to defray costs? Or.....??? How do I TURN OFF THESE POP UPS???......Help!!!!!
BOB RENTON

To WEB SITE OWNERS / MODERATORS
Lately, at least in week, or so, every time I use the FBBO SITE, a multitude of annoying pop up ads have been invading the site. These ads are usually related to Google, but not specific but range from lsdies underwear, Sam's Club, to shoes, goli diet pills, etc. This has become extremely annoying. I've checked all the Google settings and turned off anything related to searches or syncing anything.....what has happened? Is this an effort to help finance the operation or just to defray costs? Or.....??? How do I TURN OFF THESE POP UPS???......Help!!!!!
BOB RENTON
Here's a note from Joey to the C body guys. It has been working 90+% of the time.

1673916683340.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a note from Joey to the C body guys. It has been working 90+% of the time. View attachment 1403389
Thank you email and the information.....but....clearing cookies, the browser cache and history did nothing to stop the pop up ads including several reboots......I do not have access to the link referred to by Rustyrodknocker in the above link about prevent hijacking...... Is there something that can be done on the site level to prevent the infiltration of pop ups. This has just recently has invaded the site....its on both my tablet and laptop.....got to be something on the FBBO SERVER.....hopefully not intentional......??
BOB RENTON

Thank you email and the information.....but....clearing cookies, the browser cache and history did nothing to stop the pop up ads including several reboots......I do not have access to the link referred to by Rustyrodknocker in the above link about prevent hijacking...... Is there something that can be done on the site level to prevent the infiltration of pop ups. This has just recently has invaded the site....its on both my tablet and laptop.....got to be something on the FBBO SERVER.....hopefully not intentional......??
BOB RENTON
Because this was posted where it was will get noticed and answered.

Had it happen on my phone (Galaxy S20FE5G) this morning as well... for the first time. Always logged in and was this morning. They blank out the entire screen so you can't see anything. Something in the coding is picking them up and dropping them there. I deleted browing history first, that did nothing to change anything. Deleted cookies next and then after I got locked out twice trying to remember my password to A and B bodies all was fine again.

Nope, its in your browser. Thats why others arent seeing the ads. Your gold, ads are blocked from going to you so long as your logged in.
I'll recheck all the settings on Google plus the device settings....plus reboot the devices....i'll advise of tge results...so far it's NOT on my Galaxy S22+ phone.....hopefully not yet.....
BOB RENTON

I'll recheck all the settings on Google plus the device settings....plus reboot the devices....i'll advise of tge results...so far it's NOT on my Galaxy S22+ phone.....hopefully not yet.....
BOB RENTON

thats great - but you need to be checking the browser settings

In defense of the site...
I have zero difference in ad content on either my laptop or the phone. I see that several members are having troubles but somehow, I am not.

Last edited by a moderator:
The phone and tablet use Android, the laptop uses Windows 10. I'll use your suggestions and advise. Thanks again for your help..
Bob Renton

again - android is an operating system, NOT a browser.

Auto Transport Service
Back