• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RECENT POP UP ADVERTISEMENTS/MESSAGE POLUTION

RJRENTON

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
To me, as of 7/9/23, the site has been TOTALLY polluted with pop-up ads AND pictures of totally unrelated subjects. WHY??
As I write these comments, there is a advertisement for a pick up truck on the bottom of the the page, with a comment box to select the quality of ad sponsored by Google. These types of ads seem to automatically rotate with the same comment box, wanting the readers opinion of the ad. By responding to the ad's question, I'm reasonably assured that this action inniates additional pop up ads, begging for comments, which perpetrates additional ads....etc, etc.
If its your decision to use these ads to generate income for you personally or to off set the site's operating costs, why not just charge more for the gold status membership or just charge for a membership? The technical aspect and Mopar knowledge exchange is a great thing....but...DO NOT POLLUTE EVERY QUESTION / COMMENT to the site with a pop up advertisement. I would be interested in paying a yearly fee to use the site in lieu of the advertisements. Why not put the question to the membership for a quorum vote. As I end this comment, there.is a new pop up ad for a hulu Disney bundle.....
With great disdain....just my opinions
BOB RENTON

To me, as of 7/9/23, the site has been TOTALLY polluted with pop-up ads AND pictures of totally unrelated subjects. WHY??
As I write these comments, there is a advertisement for a pick up truck on the bottom of the the page, with a comment box to select the quality of ad sponsored by Google. These types of ads seem to automatically rotate with the same comment box, wanting the readers opinion of the ad. By responding to the ad's question, I'm reasonably assured that this action inniates additional pop up ads, begging for comments, which perpetrates additional ads....etc, etc.
If its your decision to use these ads to generate income for you personally or to off set the site's operating costs, why not just charge more for the gold status membership or just charge for a membership? The technical aspect and Mopar knowledge exchange is a great thing....but...DO NOT POLLUTE EVERY QUESTION / COMMENT to the site with a pop up advertisement. I would be interested in paying a yearly fee to use the site in lieu of the advertisements. Why not put the question to the membership for a quorum vote. As I end this comment, there.is a new pop up ad for a hulu Disney bundle.....
With great disdain....just my opinions
BOB RENTON
There have been protests on the cost of having Gold Membership going up in the past...can only imagine the out cry on a 100% paid membership. However with Gold Membership, you shouldn't see ads.....well, at least I'm seeing any but on the other hand, having 100% paid membership might reduce the annual charge for Gold members?

Ok, try this -- clear your browser history and browser cache. See if that helps..

I'll also point out, your gold membership expired. As gold, you get zero ads.

Last edited:
Ok, try this -- clear your browser history and browser cache. See if that helps..

I'll also point out, your gold membership expired. As gold, you get zero ads.
OK.....I JUST RENEWED MY GOLD MEMBERSHIP for $ 50.00......PLEASE note the renewal and TURN OFF THE *****ADS...
Thank you....
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back