• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post cars with belt mouldings

Yep

3FE4FE7C-C1BC-40AF-86AB-517025F38EE1.png

3F4D91D7-DA47-405D-8BD3-A5029208EB4B.png

D19DC604-991A-4420-8E65-4B23F4FDEB3F.png

Didn’t they all have belt moldings?
No, I think it’s rather rare, it was an option in both 68 and 69 and there is a difference in the moulding for post cars and hardtops,
I have a set that is suppose to fit but does not, mine is a post car so I’m trying to figure out what I have. I’m told they are different again between the coronets and the plymouths

Thanks for posting the pics, thought I had a set for my post car but they don’t fit
Dodge is different than Plymouth also. You may have the wrong ones. The doors are the same but the quarter’s are different in length. I think that’s right but not 100% sure. I have both Dodge and Plymouth if you need me to check them I can.

Dodge is different than Plymouth also. You may have the wrong ones. The doors are the same but the quarter’s are different in length. I think that’s right but not 100% sure. I have both Dodge and Plymouth if you need me to check them I can.
That would be helpful, my car is a 69 RR post car, the belt moulding is a 1/4 in short along the top of the quarter panel and only just meets the drip rail trim, From the button in return along the bottom mine measures 23.5 inches from the button to the drip rail mine measures 2 inches, both these need to be about a 1/4 inch longer to fit my car

This piece is different on non belt molding cars also. It rolls down onto the quarter part of the belt molding on cars with belt molding. You can see in this photo how it rolls around to connect with the bottom piece.
25C34EA2-BB8C-40EA-A15D-1976346CB244.jpeg

Thanks for posting pics,
The length you show on yours being 21-5/8 on yours, mine is only 20 inches
So big difference,
So not sure what mine are for but assume a hard top.
Dodge or Plymouth would be the question
Guess I’m still in the hunt for the pieces I want.
Thanks again for your input

Auto Transport Service
Back