• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post covid comp cam

i got the solids today..... thay look good.... nice swirl on them and dead nuts 1.5k taper on the face. thay go in tomarow. if the cam still lives. if not the 30+ year old isky will be put into service.
one thing i am going to check as everything else checks out is to see if i hitting a guild. i can't really see in the spring with the inner one instaled but there was no sign of it when i had them out to put the inner spring in. .120 wall hardened push rods ain't going to bend. will post pics and will see whats up before i start it with solid lifters ....

ad5e7542d3b21080.jpeg

74d36fb481b646f9.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a thought @hacksaw......if different sets of lifters keep collapsing......is the spring pressure correct? Have the springs been tested and setup properly? You just can't go by the paper specs unfortunately. I've not had problems with anyone's tappets but everything gets checked and tested to the point of compulsiveness...that does not mean you can't get a bad one though.
But bad ones in three different sets? That's suspicious enough to get me looking elsewhere..
if you want to use the best tappets currently made call Mike Jones @Jones cams and see what he has. He used to keep plenty of sets of Hylift/Johnson in stock but if not he can surely point you in the right direction.
ya .... went over everything with the shop and comp and its all good as per there kit with a 1.6 full roller rocker for the cam specs to match the card. nothing is binding or bottoming out. that is the first thing i did when the first ones went by by. but... this stuff was not going on during break in with the stock 1.5 rockers and the center spring removed.

Auto Transport Service
Back