• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post some projects other than cars your working on..

Thanks it will. I cleared another pond 2 years ago on a property I take care of that wasn't nearly as bad but had lots of garbage growing in and around the edge with dead stumps... She wanted almost everything gone it turned out beautiful...
View attachment 930942
Beautiful place :thumbsup:

nice job :bananadance:

I have to replace our Microwave, ordered 3 & a 1/2 weeks ago
from Lowes, a 1700 watt,
Stainless/black Whirlpool 2.2 cu.ft. to match my appliances
I has one "almost the exact same looking model
for 15 or so years, I bought when my dad 1st moved in
& of course it takes a dump the worst time,
during this covid bs
I still have not even 'a conformation or shipping tracking',
ordered online & when I ordered it said;
"I can pick it up at my local Lowes, between Apr. 10th -14th"
hope it's here soon...
you'd think they'd at a min. confirm the purchase & shipping

Strange how much you will actually use a Microwave,
I really didn't think that much, until I didn't have one
I brought in the ol' 30 year old 750 watt Jap crap
1.2 cubic foot, that I had in the garage,
takes for ever to even heat a cup of coffee :poke:

nothing doing much yet,
I'm just waiting for the late winter, we are having snow in Apr.
to freaken' finally leave....

Come on the sun...

not much else until the freaken' snow & rain finally stop
then I'll do my decks, prep & re-stain, then my House paint trim

I had a friend pass away last year that had ordered tile for a kitchen backsplash. I installed it for his wife last week. 12x36 inch tiles. The hole is a water supply for a pot filler.
43988F0D-9753-447F-8D64-D83DF2128FA7.jpeg
01B3471C-DC62-4180-B032-886B5A0CC8AF.jpeg

Finished this up last week but did not get a chance to post the completed project yet . . . so here it is . . .

This picture will better show "why" I ended up with an overhang that needed to get filled in with bricks . . . the step did not extend far enough . . .

sm_pillar15.jpg

The finished project . . .

sm_pillar16.jpg

Front view of the finished project . . .

sm_pillar17.jpg

Here is the original front pillars that were on the house . . .
really . . . just didn't like them . . .
( and there was a lot of rotted wood on the bottoms of the pillars too )

sm_pillar18.JPG

I'm doing a major excavation by hand if I rented an excavator I'd be seven hundred dollars down. So I'm doing it a little at a time. What's going on this area was a swamp now drained over two hundred years ago so it's sand. My house its higher than the other surrounding ones, not a lot a couple of feet by my estimation. The house was built in 1955 a couple of years later a ranch house was built next door and the builder graded the lot flat which left a forty-five-foot long elevation going from a few inches to a foot and a half on the property line. My yard is slowing moving towards the neighbor's yard through a chain-link fence all the while holes are appearing on the lawn on my side of the fence. This dirt is accumulating on his driveway. Previous owners have set landscape timbers in an attempt to hold this erosion back but they have rotted away. I have bought large landscape bricks that once I get enough dirt out of the way I'm going to make a base of crushed rock in which to set the bricks on, then install a drainage pipe in a bed of gravel next to it. To further complicate this job once I do get this wall up the neighbor's drive will be draining into my yard and cause my wall to sink over time. So I'm installing a large Michigan drain next to his drive on my side to collect the water. It's made out of a plastic fifty-five-gallon barrel cut in half and will be surrounded with a gravel pit. Why my neighbor who isn't working won't put this drain on his property is beyond me. I offered to pay for the materials but he has to do the work. In the meanwhile, he only tells me I'm a fool for doing the project. I don't have a palace but I have a nice house with a big yard and want to solve this problem before it costs me. And my garage furnace went out and I have picked up a used a unit-furnace. However, the temps have been going from freezing to mid-forties with an expected snowstorm tonight. So working on both projects can only be done once it warms up in the afternoon. At my age and with arthritic hands the cold just compounds the work difficulty. I'm upbeat so no sour apples here.

Projects that aren't cars...

Junk parts cheap 484 Hemi build
DSC01995.JPG

Aluminum 499 Hemi build, not so cheap
100_0023.JPG

'75 Honda Scrambler, needs rings
100_0010.JPG

'42 Harley army bike, needs rings too
DSC01927.JPG

...all this junk in addition to the road runner, Challenger, & maintaining 2 daily drivers... & I already know what I'm building next of course, lol!

When time allows I have made a few custom knives.

4DE2B433-3DA8-4AF7-874B-EEB7419B54E5.jpeg

For years I've searched for a 1/10 scale 4th Gen trans am body, because its safer than driving the real thing, and finally found one. Now I have to decide on the color...

20200413_220519.jpg

The 4WD truck, with 355,000 miles on it, got a new set of ball joints . . .

Boy was that a whole lotta fun . . . NOT ! ! !

Never thought I'd see my truck wheel well look like this . . . but it did this week . . .

sm_balljoint02.jpg

And the biggest pain - pressing out this lower ball joint while still on the truck . . .

sm_balljoint.jpg

But I got it DONE ! ! ! Now it's good for another 350,000 miles . . . . or more . . .

I have been so busy with stuff I have to do in between the rain and low temps here... I hauled all the new lumber back there last week and have not been able to start rebuilding the Bridge yet. Had to take 60 pressure treated 4x6x14ft back there with my John Deere and a trailer 12 at a time so I did not tear up the 150yds across the front as it is soft in lots of areas. They are heavy, I tried with just the forks and loader but the front tires were digging in with just 5 of them on so I stopped.. I am hoping to get the frame redone tomorrow if it doesn't rain all day. Thanks to all who posted with what has been keeping them busy... I did about 7 yards of mulch at my house last 2 weekends...

After moving to our new condo and gutting it so it could start it's new life on the same page as my wife and I, I finished decorating my garage last week and yesterday I did the shop
20200423_195712.jpg
20200423_195701.jpg
20200423_195657.jpg
20200423_195542.jpg
20200423_195532.jpg

One benefit of "sheltering in place" was time to finish a customer's Bronco chassis/drivetrain.
I'm not crazy about building 4x4's, especially Furds. But it helps to fund my Mopars.

20200417_135543.jpg

Not a car but part of a car. My Super shaker project to clear a tunnel ram and dual dominators. Stretched the hood opening, base and bubbles length 3", raised the bubble height 4-1/2" and opened up the nostrils 2-1/2" taller. Painting top side of hood tomorrow. Rubbing out and wet sanding then installing on the car probably on Sunday.

20180501_190142.jpg 20180627_222824.jpg IMG_0435.jpg 20200207_183435.jpg 20200207_184548.jpg 20200418_163501.jpg 20200421_155802.jpg

I don't have any pics on any website to download but I'm fixing to buy parts for my 1987 Moto Guzzi 1000 SP II which hasn't been ridden in ages.
Doesn't need a lot but as you all know when they sit they need a lot of work.
Somewhat rareish as they only imported about 100 of them.
I could work on my house which needs it but I hate carpentry.

Not a car but part of a car. My Super shaker project to clear a tunnel ram and dual dominators. Stretched the hood opening, base and bubbles length 3", raised the bubble height 4-1/2" and opened up the nostrils 2-1/2" taller. Painting top side of hood tomorrow. Rubbing out and wet sanding then installing on the car probably on Sunday.

View attachment 940846 View attachment 940847 View attachment 940848 View attachment 940849 View attachment 940850 View attachment 940852 View attachment 940853
Top side of hood painted to color sand and rubbing it out tomorrow.

20200425_190039.jpg

Working on the garage. I bought a set of Sunoco letters at Carlisle last year. I just built a pegboard wall over my work bench 4 feet high and 12 feet long so I can mount them and then hang some tools underneath. The letters are huge, 18 inches wide and 28 inches tall. Next I have to paint it Sunoco blue.

20190712_141741.jpg pegboard.jpg

Mounted the hood tonight. It still need some final adjusting but came out great.

20200426_223805.jpg 20200426_223741.jpg 20200426_223837.jpg 20200426_224158.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back