• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post some projects other than cars your working on..

Although not a typical “project” so to speak, my project involves 2 young brothers from my neighborhood. I’ve known these boys since they were little, and they come from a troubled family. I see them riding up and down the road in their go kart, on mini bikes, and a little 100cc motorcycle. They’re always taking them apart and putting them back together. So, I decided to get out “Old Blue”!....

I’ve had Old Blue since I was a kid, and a couple years ago the choke sleeve broke off, requiring the carb to be taken apart, the rivet drilled out, another carb taken apart and the choke sleeve removed and put in the good carb and the whole thing put back together and made to run. So, I “hired” Tyler and Mason to do the work. I told them what was wrong, what I wanted them to do, and introduced them to my neighbor who has a machine shop in his garage. I told them to keep track of their hours, parts needed, and give me a bill when they were done. I told them I was confident they could do it, that I had seen them working on their stuff, and wanted them to do mine too. Well, in less than a day, they removed the motor, had the carb off, took that over to AL’s house and he showed them what to do to fix the carb and helped them run the machines, they had it back together, fresh gaskets and gas, changed the oil and rode it back to my house. The bill?...$50! They wanted to buy some hand guards for their dirt bike that were $38, and split the rest! It was the best $50 I’ve spent in a long time. Not only did they do a great job, and Blue is running better than ever, but when I told them how proud I was of them, they really lit up and thanked me for trusting them to do the job. Now they come by all the time, I think they want Old Blue!!

3D41A6CE-EC5D-403B-9552-93857134028A.jpeg

Flower box completed

Birthing box done
20200502_193442.jpg
20200502_195409.jpg

Last edited:
I'm working on a 1981 Honda CT70 minItrail This is how it's supposed to look. I don't have lights on it but this is a general idea. Pic stolen from the internet. I'm going to sell it when done. People are asking $4,500 for restored ones. I think I'll go with $1,700 just to cover my costs. When I was 13 in 1969 the rich kids had a Honda CT50. The monkey bike you can still buy. If your dad was a high roller you got the larger CT70.
ct70.jpg
I see a bunch of these at big car shows

So this is the one room in the house I've been avoiding like the Corona! So I did work in here before these pictures years back I pulled off the siding they had on the walls and wall paper . I opened up the pass threw window by a foot or so witch required the elc and vent pipe to be moved ! There used to be a second bathroom door on end with opening got rid of that! Hung the bad *** light fixture. Then some years later I closed in the porch to make a gun shop! So that required to remove a window and slider from the other end of room and add that antique wood door! So now your up to date
So finally I painted roof and walls layed the bamboo floor and started on the new wood paneling I need to get more pictures as the panels are all up . Just need to do trim bits!
KIMG0433.JPG
KIMG0435.JPG
KIMG0439.JPG
KIMG0437.JPG
KIMG0440.JPG
KIMG0444.JPG
KIMG0447.JPG
KIMG0448.JPG

Forgot to add the hole touching of the wood to get that tiger stripe look

So this is basically what the wood and trim will look like done I did the bathroom before and really like the outcome do I just copied it
KIMG1209.JPG

The scoop looks inflated like Moe. Don't mind me, everything in my mind always relates to the Three Stooges. :)
It's okay. Opinions vary. It's supposed to be over size to clear the tunnel ram , dual Dominator carbs and two fogger systems. I like it. That is all that matters and I stayed to true Mopar. Not some aftermarket scoop or Chevy 6" cowl hood.

Auto Transport Service
Back