• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 10 second combo's

I assume you've done the calculations for how much power you need with your weight to go low 10's....?
Actually I have not done that. I have not even found a block yet. Put the word out. Now just waiting to hear back.

Last edited:
Installed a new shift light and an MSD 7AL3. Putting the finishing touches on the motorplate and vac pump setup. Also built an air pan to seal to the hood. Still have more testing to do with it. So far it seems to make things worse, but I haven't had enough track time to confirm that.

6D24C806-9F1A-44F8-A975-D2479B6F6DFF_zpsqkqtygdk.jpg

01369843-BA8F-4EDE-A01B-03CD25EF3F5B_zps6wxa3kk0.jpg

9531EA13-9471-4FF0-ABFB-04BCF9D9EC27_zpsyfrypelz.jpg

A97F328E-3A87-4A69-AFB1-C05A505103F5_zpsz2089bks.jpg

CF58159B-B0D6-450D-9222-5C3E6833B593_zpsnnoh3rpc.jpg

Nice workmanship. Thanks for the great pics. Dave

PLEASE Show us some pictures of the angle brackets that you bolted/welded to the frame to attach the motor plate to.
Also....did you merely jack up the motor, remove the stock motor mounts (if so, was there room to remove the stock motor mounts by merely jacking up the motor ?), bolt the motor plate to the front of the block, put the water pump back on, then lower the motor back down and let the motor plate rest on the frame rails and then attached the angle brackets...or what ?? Please let us know you procedure because I need to put a motor plate on mine.
Also, I see no water pump belt drive or alternator. How do you pump the water and do you not run an alternator ?

Also, any problem with the water pump gaskets leaking after the plate install ?
Thanks, Mike

Have yet to see if gaskets will leak. I actually installed plate with mounts on, so if I ever decide to go back to stock I can. I have an Alterkation front end so mine is a bit different than the stock setup. I will post the angle bracket shortly. It is an AR Engineering product as well that goes with the plate.

Alternatoris below plate. It is a small race alternator. AR Engineering has a kit for the alternator that works with this plate. I run an electric W/P.

Nice clean looken' set-up Wookie

I love the Wookie mobile. One of my favorite body styles. And I agree, nice workmanship. For what it's worth a couple shots of my mounts.
Doug

B95.jpg B96.jpg F45.JPG

Thanks. Only problem now is May is a long long time away. Damn snow and cold Canadian winters.

Is that your coil insert coming thru the fender well and what is the other gizmo ? Looks interesting...let us know...pictures from the rear backside maybe...love it. thanks
The blue fitting is the fuel line bulkhead. The black item is the fuel pressure isolator for the fuel presource gauge. It's sunk into the fender well instead of being mounted on a bracket.
Doug

The blue fitting is the fuel line bulkhead. The black item is the fuel pressure isolator for the fuel presource gauge. It's sunk into the fender well instead of being mounted on a bracket.
Doug

Doug, do you run anything to limit the for/aft movement of the engine besides the motor plate and trans mount?

My first 440 with heads ported by me, General Kinetics 585 310 cam DC 11.5 pistons went 10.90's or better in a '65 Coronet at 3250#.

Auto Transport Service
Back