• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power brake dual-vacuum hoses?

Jeff Erwin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
71 Superbee. I am fixing the vacuum-driven heater and looking for a vacuum source I can tap into. Power brakes seem like a good candidate. My power brake cylinder has check valve with two vacuum hoses connected. One goes to the base o the center carb, so engine vacuum. The other goes to the nipple on the rear of the intake manifold, so I have to assume engine vacuum again.
Why do I have two hoses to the check valve? I can't find anything in the shop manuals that shows anything more than a single hose to the check valve.

I would prefer to tap into the hose at the bottom, run it to a vacuum canister and use that for the heating system, just not sure it's the same as the braided one. The check valve looks like they are both going to the same place internally.

IMG_6124.JPG

What does: "fixing the vacuum-driven heater" mean?

My heater box and controls are 100% vacuum driven, no control cables. This was once a 383 with ac. Ac is gone, heater box looks to be in great shape but nothing but vacuum actuators on it.

Auto Transport Service
Back