• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power steering box Identification?

70ozziecharger

Local time
10:09 PM
Reaction score
Guys,
Need some help to identify my power steering box on a 1970 Dodge Charger 383 auto with a/c. It has these numbers on it G2267262 then R5 then 2241. Is this correct for a 70 B Body?. I think 2241 means Feb 24 1971? If this is correct, why would they use a 71 box on a 70 car?
Thanks
Dave

I’m not an expert on date codes on those boxes. They can be a little different. If it has the small sector shaft on the steering arm, it’s the correct one. 73 up used the big arm and box from the C body.

I’m not an expert on date codes on those boxes. They can be a little different. If it has the small sector shaft on the steering arm, it’s the correct one. 73 up used the big arm and box from the C body.

Thanks, I checked it and it has the small sector shaft, I’m guessing the box must have been changed at some stage and that’s why it’s a 1971 casting?

Auto Transport Service
Back