• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power steering box leak

Gregg DeGeorge

Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
Hello my power steering box is out of a 73 challenger it’s leaking out of the big end where that toothy looking nut ,holds it together,any one ever change that seal ,can’t find a rebuilt one in stock to change mine out thanks,car is drivable but leaves a puddle when it sits

Are you sure it's from there or from the hose block above it? My o rings went bad on the hose block and I had to change them.

Brake clean it all down, the input seal is not to bad to change.

Are you sure it's from there or from the hose block above it? My o rings went bad on the hose block and I had to change them.
Thanks I’ll fill it tomorrow and see what i can see that would be much easer thanks ,never had a leak on that end ;normally they leak where pitman arm goes on

Changed many pittman shaft seals. One trick was to remove the arm and the seal retainer snap ring then reinstall the arm loosely, fill with fluid and go hard lock to lock on the wheel. With luck the seals will blow out.

Auto Transport Service
Back