• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Steering Remote Reservoir Install

74Beeper

Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
Well, I finally figured out how to get my PSC power steering remote reservoir plumbed and mounted so it looks clean and had minimal holes drilled in the car. This reservoir is pretty bulky and there really isn't much room under the hood without moving the battery to the trunk which I did not want to do. PSC recommends the supply hose be less than 16" and the fluid level must be above the height of the pump. This gives a feller limited options.
What I came up with was mounting it to the rear of the battery tray. Only had to drill 2 holes into the tray. I had some healthy flat aluminum plates laying around my shop from a different project. I used them, with along with two 1/2" x 6" carriage head bolts and some brass bushings and brass thrust washers for spacers. Then topped it off with with some chrome acorn nuts. The battery fell right into place and has plenty of room to spare.
As for plumbing it, The threads for the pump filler neck are odd and no fittings will fit them besides garden hose threads. I wasn't about to have garden hose fittings on my Roadrunner, so I drilled out the billet filler neck on the pump and tapped it to 1/2" NPT and threaded in a 1/2" to #10 AN elbow.
Needless to say.... I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and now the hydrobooster works flawlessly.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This design helps some. I am in the same boat. Thanks for sharing.

Auto Transport Service
Back