• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Windows On A Sedan

xRickyBobbyx

Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Hey fellas, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a company that makes a power window conversion kit for my '69 Coronet Sedan? Yes I bought the sedan, get over it....:lol:. Of course I see window kits for 2 doors that have the smaller manual windows in the back. I don't think that will work. We know how lazy money conscience carmakers were back in the day, so what are the odds that the front and rear doors are the same internally? That way, I can just order two 2-dr kits and get a 4 gang master switch an keep it rolling.

Thanks

20221125_111845.jpg

Honestly, I believe the factory front/rear power window motors are the same for a sedan as for the 2 doors of a coup (seriously). As far as I know, the only "odd ball" power window motors are in the back seat of convertibles (B & E bodies anyway, not sure about A-bodies)

Honestly, I believe the factory front/rear power window motors are the same for a sedan as for the 2 doors of a coup (seriously). As far as I know, the only "odd ball" power window motors are in the back seat of convertibles (B & E bodies anyway, not sure about A-bodies)
The motors may be the same, but the lifts for the windows are smaller because they don't have to travel as far. At least it looks that way for every 4 window coupe setup I came across.

Maybe there's a way to modify your existing window mechanisms, front and rear, to accept power windows? Otherwise, you might find an aftermarket setup that will work at Nu Relics. They're worth giving a call. From what I've read, you can use the factory power window switches and put a relay on each window motor, then use the Nu Relics aftermarket stuff which can't be seen.

we used later model motors from a ply acclaim and it was a real pain. used them in my 65 coronet sw. if i was doing it over, i would buy the flat glass kit off ebay. i did and am using it for the frt windows in my 72 a body.

I’ve used 68 and 72 Monaco power window motors in 81 up dodge trucks. The 81 up trucks were power window also. Can’t remember if I used the front or back motors. Kim

Auto Transport Service
Back