• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Check: 1969 Charger R/T

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
Pretty nice if you are able to purchase for "thirties". A few cosmetic details are (hopefully) all it needs. Possible White Hat Special?
Post VIN and fender tag details if you can.

XS29L9B24048
Vin
X - Dodge Charger B body
S - Special

29 - 2 door sports hardtop

L - 440 1-4bbl 8 cylinder RB engine

9 - year 1969

B- built in Hamtrack, Michigan

24048 - sequence number

I'd have to agree with you on "high 20's". He gives the VIN but doesn't say whether it is a full numbers matching car? That would make a BIG difference if it were me.

BTW, you're missing a digit on the end of the VIN.

I wouldn't go beyond $25,000. I have a feeling its going to need a lot more than you expect.

What's going on with the passenger's side firewall that it's black & where do the a/c lines go? Headliner & package shelf are water stained. Seats are scuffed, window crank is broken, armrest backs are painted white, there's a dent in the left side quarter in front of the stripe and judging by the way the R/T is crooked on the right side, my guess is that he has the quarter stripes on the wrong sided.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

45 large is an awful lot of money to ask for something that needs to be completely done over. I see this car as a restoration project and in today's market, I'd say high 20s-low 30s, but only if it has got a solid body & matching numbers.

The seller disclosed no fender tag in a text to me today. I'll go see the car in a few hours and report back.
I have a freind who is a certified appraiser; he might meet me Saturday and give the car an appraisal. His opinion from the pictures is 26K MAX. I guess I'll pass on this one (very sad).

BTW, the seller has three Cudas for sale, also at $75,000 CASH for all three.

This guy is asking way to much in my opinion

You should make an offer in the mid 20s then start busting his balls with all the things that are wrong with it and drop the price from there

Okay, I spent a few hours crawling all over this car. I guess I'll spare a lengthy post and just summarize. The car has a thousand little things wrong with it, but nothing that worries me too much. Underbody is solid, trunk has some mild scale, can't detect bondo in the known rust areas.

Under the vinyl top where it meets the top of the backlight does have some bubbles, which I know is something to be concerned about, but that could wait awhile. The sailpanel paint is just peeling away showing clean, rust free metal below-no cancer, just peeling paint. The windshield gasket is rotten and the top of the dash shows some water damage-yes, I'm concerned here, too.

Car fired up with just a tap of the starter and idled amazingly smooth. Nice rumble and lope. Can't drive it until Saturday as the 'Cudas need to be pushed out of the way. Shifted into Reverse and Drive without a clunk and no lag. Dipsticks showed clean ATF fluid and oil.

He has a buyer coming from Phoenix tomorrow; I'm in a holding pattern, but if he still has the car Saturday and it drives decent, I'm making a realistic offer.

To answer the AC question; someone was a fabrication artist. A custom panel was made for the firewall, and the AC and heater hoses were routed out the fender well factory cut out area. Looks like a really nice job, but not sure why they took this route on a factory AC car?

I'd give the paint and body a 6 out of 10, the interior a 7 out of 10, and the underbody a 8 out of 10.

Keep the comments and opinions coming. BTW, my wife went with me and she is fine with the purchase, so that alone makes this a go in my mind. Just need to get it at a fair price.

Take care, Bill

WAAAAY to much 20 tops that just looks like it needs work and I am half awake at 5 38 am looking at it lol anyway good luck

Well, it's got three bids at $26,100, and I'm thinking anything under 30 is good.

Seller thinks I'm a tire kicker, but I'm calling tomorrow to drive it.

Thanks for the comments!

if it were a project needing everything, it would bring at least 10K.......... friend of mine has this one, #s matching.......needs everything...... he wouldn't let it go for 15K, 20K may get his attention........ just pointing out that if the car you posted is not in need of extensive metal replacement, 30K is reasonable......... just make sure is isn't a patched up bondo buggy

Wish me luck. Going to drive it tomorrow, and crawl around and look at engine and trans numbers.

Just remember, once you start touching things, everything else snowballs and if you bring it back to 100% stock with a show quality paint job, realistically, you're going to put at least 20-25 into it. If he's owned it for as long as he says, he doesn't have that much into it. I'd wave 30 large cash in his face and see what he does.

I was thinking 29 max, but just checked eBay and it's flying past 27. If it hits 29 I'm not even going to drive it tomorrow.

You can always still wave the cash in hand no matter what eBay says. Dead beat bidders and he could be messing with eBay auctions over and over again. Cash in the face is always hard to turn down no matter what! Good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back