• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

production #'s for 64 polara 426W 4-sp sedan?

Petty Bird

Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
Found a 64 dodge polara in need of complete restoration. Normally I would have just overlooked this car but it has it's original fender tag and decodes as follows:
1964 Polara
2-Dr. Sedan
365 h.p. 426 single 4bbl
4-sp A-833 trans
bench seat
red on red

The car does not have any drivetrain although does have the k-frame.

I'm curious how many of these sedans were made with this drivetrain. Thanks for any help!

Hey Petty Bird, if Ya find a source, please let Me know, I just found a 64 440 car 426 wedge 4 speed, trying to figure out what the production was, must be low because a local Mopar guru didn't think it was real and I took him at His word till I found out different. I'm not saying he's "the" authority on Mopars, but He knows His stuff for sure.

Roger

I have to make a correction. The car is actually a 64 330 sedan not a polara. It was found at a scrap metal facility and was just purchased from them. I couldn't believe the cars they have there waiting to be scrapped. So much good trim/glass misc on some of these old cars. Kinda sad to see.

You might want to email Darrell Davis with that question. He is pretty much the de facto Max Wedge expert, but has spent countless hours pouring through Chrysler's historical records. He would probably be able to give you an answer, and if not would be able to provide you with an educated guess or the name of someone who knows the answer for sure. Darrell's email,

[email protected]

Auto Transport Service
Back