• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Production #

Dan yates

Local time
12:58 PM
Reaction score
HI i have a 70 gtx just wondering if anyone knows how many V02 paint code cars were made mine is ev2 with a tx9 roof.Currently has a black vinyl roof.Thanx for you help.

20211021_131755.jpg

Nobody has any numbers for that. Rare though.

HI i have a 70 gtx just wondering if anyone knows how many V02 paint code cars were made mine is ev2 with a tx9 roof.Currently has a black vinyl roof.Thanx for you help.

View attachment 1287188
Hi Dan, welcome from another BC guy. Nice GTX!

You ought to introduce yourself in the Welcome Forum, you'll make a lot of friends here. :)

What is the V02 option?

Typically "V" codes are related to vinyl, either the top, or stripes.

They also typically follow the format of "V" then a number which indicates which style of top or stripe, then a letter that indicates the color.

For example, V1X is typically a full vinyl top in black.

What is the V02 option?

They also typically follow the format of "V" then a number which indicates which style of top or stripe, then a letter that indicates the color.

V02 = two tone paint where the top is painted a different color than the bottom. I.e black over orange.

typically V02 accounts for about 1% of production for cars of that era.

Got the 2nd one here, 2/19/70 lol. My understanding is also less than 1%, and there are 9 in the registry.
Mine is TX9 over B5, should show on your fender tag and your broadcast if you have.
Few years ago I met a guy that worked at lynch road in the 60’s and 70’s and told me they were known as shiny tops by the the line crew, they went into the paint booth twice, at least that’s what he told me
D991B4D6-B233-4EC1-893A-597238A33D2F.jpeg

Hi Dan, welcome from another BC guy. Nice GTX!

You ought to introduce yourself in the Welcome Forum, you'll make a lot of friends here. :)
Btw what mopar do u have

View attachment 1287188
What is the V02 option?

V02 is the option code for 2 tone paint

IF the car was built for sale in the US, the Options and Accessories Report shows it was one of about 93 shipped. (exact numbers are not know due to rounding factors). There is no break out of actual paint combinations, only the percentage of cars that came in two tone paint.

If it was built for sale in Canada or Export, the number is not published to my knowledge.

1970_GTX_colors_combined.jpg

IF the car was built for sale in the US, the Options and Accessories Report shows it was one of about 93 shipped. (exact numbers are not know due to rounding factors). There is no break out of actual paint combinations, only the percentage of cars that came in two tone paint.

If it was built for sale in Canada or Export, the number is not published to my knowledge.

View attachment 1288340
Do you happen to know a break down for 1971 roadrunner

What does TX9 mean? Everyone is mentioning VO2, so does that mean TX9 is black roof paint?

Auto Transport Service
Back