• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Profile posts

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
Why on earth can people ask you questions on your profile page vs using the conversation "PM" as they should?

Maybe because some people's inboxes are full?
I know It worked for someone to contact me once.

Why on earth can people ask you questions on your profile page vs using the conversation "PM" as they should?
They shouldn't be....and anyone who posts telephone numbers and email addresses are subject to deletion.

Report any if you find them - GOLD members exempt....but not recommended. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I've always thought that was kinda odd.

I don't know why the software even has Profile Posts. I have found all sorts of wrong stuff in them. People confuse them with personal messages. (inbox)

I don't know why the software even has Profile Posts. I have found all sorts of wrong stuff in them. People confuse them with personal messages. (inbox)
I agree. I see the strangest stuff on the main page with these posts. E-mails, Phone numbers, Addresses, Tracking numbers for parts bought etc... All stuff OTHER people should see when dealing with money and parts.

I agree. I see the strangest stuff on the main page with these posts. E-mails, Phone numbers, Addresses, Tracking numbers for parts bought etc... All stuff OTHER people should see when dealing with money and parts.
Yep and any of that stuff I see get's deleted. I have found cars and parts for sale. Personal information, Pay Pal account info. Pretty much everything but Social Security numbers. Really, Profile posts need to go away.

I know that Moderators can contact members even if their Inbox is full.

I haven't been able to test the same in reverse - to see if a member with a full Inbox can contact a Moderator.

I would like it if someone can try that for me. :thumbsup:

I know that Moderators can contact members even if their Inbox is full.

I haven't been able to test the same in reverse - to see if a member with a full Inbox can contact a Moderator.

I would like it if someone can try that for me. :thumbsup:
Yeah BUT how many messages do you need to fill up a Gold membership Roger??

Yeah BUT how many messages do you need to fill up a Gold membership Roger??
Can't honestly remember - either @MarPar is correct at 1,000 - I think it used to be 100 years ago.

Moderator has ...... unlimited.....

1714950999021.png

Auto Transport Service
Back