• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proform 67101c install and write up.

Canadian1968

Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
I purchased a the proform 67101c main body to install on my holley 3310 750 Vac secondary carburetor. This main body gives you down leg booster , adjustable air bleeds, and no choke horn. It is basically a holley HP series main body at fraction of the cost. Best of all I keep the efficiency and driving manners of the vacuum activated secondaries.

When I opened the box I was surprised to see all brand new non stick re usable gaskets. A new metering plate , new fuel bowl screw gaskets and a pair of 72 and 84 fuel jets . The body itself us also aluminum and considerably lighter than the original main body
20231128_190631.jpg

In my case I have already modified my carb by removing the rear metering plate and installing a meter block so that I can easy change the jetting . The proform comes with gaskets for front and rear meter blocks and fuel bowls which is a total bonus!

20231209_194511.jpg

I got started on disassembling my carb, pretty straight forward process . With the bowls and blocks removed you can see some slight differences in the two main bodies. Mainly the well where the power valve sits. The holley main body has a considerably larger area, as well the hole in center is actually a threaded mounting hole for one of the 6 screws thar hold the throttle plate to the main body. On the proform this hole is completely blocked off from PV well. I see this having 0 affect on anything performance wise.

20231209_201726.jpg

From the top the difference is obvious. Most notable is the different boosters and adjustable air bleeds .
20231209_201759.jpg

The proform main body comes with 31 pump nozzle. I had installed a 35 in my original body. I swapped this over. In the process found another surprise. The proform comes with the hollowed out screw that holds the pump nozzle in place. This allows for maximum fuel flow for an unrestricted pump shot !

20231209_202125.jpg

I am going to install the same jetting I was running before ( 72 front , 72 rear) . Will see how this performs .

Over all very happy with this product. The added surprises in the kit really make this a great " bang for buck " purchase as far as I am concerned.

Unfortunately I'm in Ontario Canada, aside from a start up and idel setup in won't be able to do much else until spring time!

A fan of the 3310 from 50+ years ago, thank you for a well written take on your modification.Looking forward to your results !

All good news. I would use the 84 jets as a starting point. It may like an 81-82, but that's all in the ballpark of where it should be

Have 3 more points to add.

The main threaded hole for the air cleaner stud is a different size and shallower than the factory holley 1/4". For the proform you will need a 5/16 rod or you can buy adaptors . For the price of an adaptor your honestly better off buying a piece of 5/16 threaded rod.
20231216_204845.jpg

Also something I thought worth mentioning is the different style orfice the Proform main body has for the signal to activate the vacuum secondaries. The proform has a small brass tube that protrudes into the venturi just shy of 1/8". The end is cut on an angle, which increases the surface area of the opening. My thoughts are this will provide a much stronger signal for the vacuum diaphragm? Possibly changing the required spring to get the secondaries to open correctly ?
20231216_204821.jpg

Last point is , the proform body does not support the ported vacuum fitting on the primary fuel bowl.
20231216_204916.jpg

Ported vac has to work off the primaries. My guess is that you have the pri & sec met blocks reversed.

Ported vac has to work off the primaries. My guess is that you have the pri & sec met blocks reversed.

Huh? The picture IS of the front primary block.

The proform mainbody does not support ported vacuum

Auto Transport Service
Back