• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress on my '65-with pics

hemidart1

Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
I bought my '65 convertible this year and knew I wanted to drop in a new motor. It came with a 273 so I wanted to do a "what if" car-drop in a 273 Commando look a like(built 360 with the 273 valve covers and breather.)
So I had the motor built and broken in on the stand. Now I have progressed to getting a complete disk brake swap and complete front end rebuild before they drop the motor in. Everything is new on the motor from the 650 Edelbrock to the TTi headers to the wiring harness in the engine bay to the motor mounts. It will be a sweet car to drive this spring(and now stop as well).
The Mopars guys who live in my area have a great resto shop and do nice work. Next to my car is a nice '64 Belvedere 426 Wedge that they are doing some work to.

enjoy the pics.
IMG_1279_zpscb22681f.jpg
IMG_1278_zps8567609f.jpg
IMG_1281_zps4105e949.jpg
IMG_1280_zps9cb47c9a.jpg

both of those cars look great. '64 belvedere is my favorite b-body with the '65 belvedere nipping at it's heels.

It's against the law in your state to own 2 early b's, so your gonna have to let me take 1 off your hands, lol! Very nice cars!!!!

well that's a nice pair you have there :headbang:

Sadly- the black car is not mine- just in the same shop!

IMG_1283_zpscfba343c.jpg
360 disguised as a 273 Commando

- - - Updated - - -

those aren't my headers(just for the stand)-I bought chrome TTi's

IMG_1284_zps81ba389e.jpg

Great looking car and your engine idea is pretty slick! Have to admit that black one is cool to..

Auto Transport Service
Back