• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project 73 SE

We have pretty much the same interior

I like the 71 SE grains better than the 73 SE's. The front seat inserts were bright yellow completely rebuilt with new seat foam out of a 71 Challenger SE. I grabbed the set of seats off CraigsList for $400. I thought it was a good deal...The black paint to cover the yellow was like $45.00. It turned out just OK! Not a 100 point show car obviously :eek:) The back seat cover was on ebay for $200 and my upholstery guy installed the rear with new mesh and seat foam for $200. Carpet kit was free. It starts to add up but it beats spending $1,500+ on a complete interior.

Just noticed the username, haha. I take it your in the same situation as me (the one you love hates what makes you happy), it sure makes things a little harder to enjoy. Enjoy that Charger

Just noticed the username, haha. I take it your in the same situation as me (the one you love hates what makes you happy), it sure makes things a little harder to enjoy. Enjoy that Charger

I can't help but laugh too. I have chucked a screwdriver or two in frustration In the privacy of my closed garage door :eek:)

When she met me she thought I was the guy that owned a lifted white Chevy 4 door truck. HA, far from it. I drove a BIG 10 that was 5 different colors including rust with the steering wheel so small you could drive it hand cuffed, not to mention I only had $28.00 in the bank.

She was the driving force behind me getting my **** together. at 33. 13 years ago. She said last night "when are you going to start selling some of that crap". "What do you mean"? I asked. She said "you used to flip cars and make money. now all your doing is spending". I had no response. but I was thinking " FINALLY!!!! "

They are all an investment, she just hates that there is 5 of them. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Who sells these replacement seat covers, I need one just for the drivers side.

I got the rear off ebay. and the front seats off Craigslist. front seats were 400 with tracks and rear was 200 with shipping. Not sure who makes them I think Year one sells them. front and rear covers only are like 500+. Wait it out and you may find some at a local swap meet this summer. There is a lot of restorations and leftover parts out there. Check with Moparts . com or Tony's Moparts.

If you find a good passenger side seat the cover can be switched fairly easy with a pair of players and needle nose players. if it's not the right color you can use a interior paint like I did with mine. The inserts were bright yellow when I got them.

Auto Transport Service
Back