• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Coronet R/T

Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
Here are some current pics of my project 8 months in. This car was a real turd when I took it on. It was nicely painted but poorly running. Turns out the car is from the coastal area of Texas and had the surface corrosion to prove it. We spent most of the summer repairing the front frame rails which were so poorly repaired by the former owner. They took .187 thick plate and crammed it in behind the rust and tried to weld it in. Then put bondo over it. The trunk floor was also replaced during this period as well as all the suspension components were blasted and coated with the appropriate finish.
GEDC2929.JPG
GEDC2930.JPG
GEDC2925.JPG
GEDC2933.JPG

Here are some current pics of my project 8 months in. This car was a real turd when I took it on. It was nicely painted but poorly running. Turns out the car is from the coastal area of Texas and had the surface corrosion to prove it. We spent most of the summer repairing the front frame rails which were so poorly repaired by the former owner. They took .187 thick plate and crammed it in behind the rust and tried to weld it in. Then put bondo over it. The trunk floor was also replaced during this period as well as all the suspension components were blasted and coated with the appropriate finish. View attachment 384649 View attachment 384651 View attachment 384657 View attachment 384658
that is one beautiful r/t tom,welcome keep pics coming.

Here are some current pics of my project 8 months in. This car was a real turd when I took it on. It was nicely painted but poorly running. Turns out the car is from the coastal area of Texas and had the surface corrosion to prove it. We spent most of the summer repairing the front frame rails which were so poorly repaired by the former owner. They took .187 thick plate and crammed it in behind the rust and tried to weld it in. Then put bondo over it. The trunk floor was also replaced during this period as well as all the suspension components were blasted and coated with the appropriate finish. View attachment 384649 View attachment 384651 View attachment 384657 View attachment 384658
Wow looks great

Cool looking car. Welcome to FBBO and please keep us update on your further work on the car. :thumbsup:

Great looking AND a 4-spd to boot!!!

Great looking R/T. Who did your dash work? I have a separate thread going where many have used performance graphics for their dash work. Also, who are you using for tail panel and tail lights work, if not doing no the work yourself? Keep sending the picks

What did you use for thermal barrier on your firewall? Looks nice

Great looking R/T. Who did your dash work? I have a separate thread going where many have used performance graphics for their dash work. Also, who are you using for tail panel and tail lights work, if not doing no the work yourself? Keep sending the picks

I'm doing the dash myself. The harness was in good shape but the previous guy who put it in didn't know how it was routed. I sure could use a reference picture to illustrate the correct routing.
GEDC2931.JPG

I'm doing the dash myself. The harness was in good shape but the previous guy who put it in didn't know how it was routed. I sure could use a reference picture to illustrate the correct routing. View attachment 384783

I am about to refresh mine. It is currently sitting in a wood frame I built for it in the garage. It has not been touched since it left the factory other than me removing it from the car last fall. I can take a bunch of photos tomorrow when I am working out there. Mine is a 68 500 with AC.

Nice ride. Love the Dash. Colors!

What adhesive did you use to hold the thermal barrier in place? Beautiful car by the way.

Dan

Auto Transport Service
Back