• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project long haul...

Therapeutic is for sure! Working on the Charger gave me my "MAN TIME" to relax and enjoy some peace and quiet after a long work week............... O.K maybe I shouldn't say quiet haha. Now driving it is my peace and quiet.......... O.K not quiet! I'll be following along as you go.

hadn't heard about your son, sorry for your loss. Be watching your build as well. That is about the same yellow mine was when I got it. Have you decided on a color yet?

Glad you started this thread, I'll be watching for updates and a lot of pictures. The RR looks like a nice project. Did I mention lots of pictures?

You mentioned the Eastwood inner-frame rust killer spray with the long tube applicators., you can clean and reuse those tubes with other types of paint that they fit, as needed, very handy..

OK I'm watchin'! Now when I can't work on mine, I have another to get my fix! I've been kinda "Jonesing" lately!
You have encouraged me in my build, so the least I can do is return the gesture. Good luck and you know we're all behind you (watching!) all the way.

I agree with you Ron. Working on our cars as a hobby is very therapeutic. I know it helps me to keep my mind off bad things when it's needed. You will have a wonderful car when it's done. I had a similar experience shortly after I started this thread. Our computer was zapped by lightning and I lost some pictures. Burning copies is a good idea.

I'm following your build closely !!!!!

Thanks again for starting this thread.

I am looking forward to getting my computer back for sure!!! this has been crazy with me this summer, i wont get into all the details but this is the forth one that quit if you can believe it! Im playing on a lap top and i never did like them but it seems to work right unless you shut it off, you then have to play with the on button until it decides to start up lol.. what a summer for loosing computers! I have to have a computer for winter, work out there counts but i need my PC!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

OK I'm watchin'! Now when I can't work on mine, I have another to get my fix! I've been kinda "Jonesing" lately!
You have encouraged me in my build, so the least I can do is return the gesture. Good luck and you know we're all behind you (watching!) all the way.

Thats why i needed to put this in! You all have helped me so much even if it just was reading, its like watching a car build on TV, i love it and i hope somehow i can help someone, time will tell :) and thank you....

Very nice looking project it should be really nice when you get it done. I really do like the look of the 69 the best. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Really cool to see you post your bird up here Ron. Really cool to be posting on your own '69 roadrunner thread here at FBBO, being I know how much you always wanted a '69 bird, and all the trails and tribulations you've dealt with over the years. I gotta say, with all you've been through and all that's on your plate, it takes one hell of a man to pull through all of that and still find the time, effort and ambition to follow your own dreams. Hat's off to you partner, best of luck with your project and if there's anything I can help out with, please don't hesitate to ask.

-Will

Thanks all of you, inspiring it is! Will your one of the ones who did know about it and other things as well and i thank you for taking the time to send a note... I remember you telling me to set a date, even up to three years and the second year is about to come about so i think we may have to extend it another three year.. lol, i don't want it that way but at the same time im not really concerned with getting it done immediately, i can wait and im trying to enjoy it, i do have a lot of things done and hope to put up some pic if my PC comes back ok lol, i did get an email today and was told the power supply was sent out so its looking good so far.. I really do thank you all, and i hope to be able to get a pile of work done this winter and right now getting ready so i can do that, burning wood is a lot of mess but that's how we do it so were plugging along and getting everything done and ready for winter and then relax, sounds like a contradiction but sticking wood in a stove in a home all buttoned up for winter is easier then getting ready! lol My small garage is getting covered in vinyl if my buddy doesn't run out and if he does ill be getting more and then that's done period, looks better on the outside unless you want to consider the bird sitting in it, i do like that part, telling my wife im going to the nest rofl.. i think the child comes out sometimes playing with our toys, at least my wife says so...
I wish i could report or at least have some pic, but its a start i guess, or the middle, i feel like ive done nothing but the car itself looks like ive done a little, i took this from my photos here of the 73, it was the final checking before i welded the rails in, Now there is a little more work done and i still haven't used that Por-15 i mentioned, just some of Eastwoods stuff and the rear floor the paint trying to keep it from rusting and its the only one i had, have right now...
everything in grey is just your regular primer i used to get something on the metal... Full drivers rail, 1/2 passenger.. The only work at all you can see i think is the extra medal tab for welding the shock cross-member to, the 1/2 rails don't come with them so we have to make our own... Thanks...

Attachments

• RAILS.jpg
    RAILS.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 475
Looks like you have a good handle on it Ron. I'll be watching to see how it turns out.

How the hell did I miss the start of your build thread Ron?! I can't wait to see all the progress and I'll be here to keep you motivated like you have done for me. Thank you for all your support over the last 3 years!

Hey and if you just need to BS give me a call...Ask Kahn...we have fun haha

Thank you Kevin, You have been one of the guys who keep me head strong and im sure you can help me, right now im waiting for news to get my computer back and get this all updated to now, oh how i wish now i would have put this in earlier, lots of work trying to get this all right but ill get it, i bet i have a lot of pictures now on the camera and waiting to put them in, im just hoping it wont come down to buying another PC, ive never had these problems before and there all actual mother boards because there old pc's but soon i hope im up and running again, i feel like im on the USS Enterprise running on 1/2 power Scotty!!! :)

Great to see you decided to do it, Ron. Great car to have, too! Thanks for sharing with us.

Dave

How the hell did I miss the start of your build thread Ron?! I can't wait to see all the progress and I'll be here to keep you motivated like you have done for me. Thank you for all your support over the last 3 years!

Hey and if you just need to BS give me a call...Ask Kahn...we have fun haha

Agreed KB67 . . . we talk on the phone often, only because the 20 hour drive to visit KB67 makes it a bit difficult . . . Very easy to talk to and a great guy ! ! !

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Kevin, You have been one of the guys who keep me head strong and im sure you can help me, right now im waiting for news to get my computer back and get this all updated to now, oh how i wish now i would have put this in earlier, lots of work trying to get this all right but ill get it, i bet i have a lot of pictures now on the camera and waiting to put them in, im just hoping it wont come down to buying another PC, ive never had these problems before and there all actual mother boards because there old pc's but soon i hope im up and running again, i feel like im on the USS Enterprise running on 1/2 power Scotty!!! :)

Ron . . . tell Scotty that you need more power

Hope you get your computer back soon as we are all anxiously awaiting the updates . . .

Caption in doin the best that i can! No verbal the way Scotty said it once but, you should know! lol

I almost forgot i had my own to think about here, I just got a message last night that my computer is fixed and ready, i just have to go fetch it but i do have a few more pictures of this thing when i got it so im going to put them in, but this is when i first got it but will help you to understand what i started with..... Pictures of underneath the rear with home made rails, built from railroad rails i think, so thick, spring perches welded to them even helper springs sitting on differential not touching anything on top, weird ect... all gone now but i remember... lots of non sense work getting them gone for sure! and somewhere i have a section outside (picture) ill find... you can see here why i bought the entire floor. I hope to have my computer back in a couple days but were getting a Kia from my mom, long story but shes in active aging home and she wants me to get it so were busy with the arrangements and with our Gabby girl and her after school activities, me trying to get our wood in which were waiting on a load now that was supposed to be here already, lets just say its busy here.. which i promise is the truth lol, I was supposed to have my buddy here this morning to finish the last wall for the vinyl siding on my garage and he didn't show up, that's two! AND YEP, DID TAKE A SHOWER SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON, IN THE OLD DAYS IF WE COULDN'T MAKE IT we CALLED YA! :)

Picture 016 (Small).jpgPicture 017 (Small).jpgPicture 018 (Small).jpgPicture 024 (Small) (2).jpgPicture 021 (Small).jpgPicture 022 (Small).jpgPicture 023 (Small).jpgPicture 025 (Small).jpgPicture 166 (Medium).jpg

Couldn't resist the last one with all the work were doing here, old picture :) As you can see real good my shop is small but with this new vinyl siding and i put gravel around the bottom it should be easy to heat, the ceiling is insulated the walls are insulation board but im getting it and a lot of other things done before winter, not looking forward to it but if my legs hold out, i will be spending a lot of time out there, and i want it warm lol.... to be honest, im hoping this will make a few others understand that you can have a small work space and make it work to your advantage, ive lived here over 30 years and learned a lot, a 800 dollar car port and a Amish sawmill to cut you some lumber, what they hey, a garage waiting for a Mopar, i myself love it, im, and i like this part lol, IM equipped with a good stereo, a TV with VCR for car tapes, what more do ya want guys! be reasonable, take what you have and make what ya need! :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, That small sign on the front says "MOPAR DR." :) Got to love a clown! But i do have two of-em....

Auto Transport Service
Back