• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proportioning valve issues

I fought with proportioning valves on a lot of cars, disc in front drums in back...best I would go all disc....changed them on the 63 Dodge 330 and wish I had done it years ago...

remove the switch and make sure the shuttle is centered
if you pressed the brake pedal with a line open it will shift and block the line

OK thanks everyone for the tips and suggetions. The valve was frozen up and would not let any fluid to the back, I tried all suggestions and even dissasembled and attempted to move valve manualy and nothing worked. So not only was the valve on the car bad, but the valve on my parts car had the same issue. I purchased a new MBM PV2, valve and it works fine.
So NEVER let anyone tell you that these valves do not go bad.
Thanx again everyone.

Now I can move to the next System, Fuel tank and lines, then it's in with the new motor and Tranny. Hopefully I will have the drive train buttoned up before June 5th which will mark 2 years since I started this project. Then Paint and interior and lots of fun.

Auto Transport Service
Back