• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PST Raised Prices

Yeah - “So”?? As everyone is being told inflation is 7% I haven’t see anything less than 30%+ increases on anything. SSI theoretically gets increased COLA with the rate of inflation - Do you know anyone that got more than 6.9%% while prices of everything are in excess of 30%? My mother in law is elderly and has to take the protein powder Ensure - her daughter went to buy their customary supply to last a couple of months. Between their last recent purchase and this week the price was raised 700%. No mistaking it - I searched everywhere and that’s what’s being charged now. Maybe You’re ok with your Mickey D”s burger price but their are 10”s of millions of people in the US alone that are being eaten alive by this so called “7% inflation factor”. All I know is it smells filthy rotten and is being done on purpose. I have a masters degree in economics - and I’d be more than happy to debate you on the subject in private at your convenience. Just let me know.
It sounds like you are just the guy that knows how to fix it then.

Prices on everything are going through the roof. I bought a Flowcooler water pump for one of my cars from a guy on FB who bought the wrong one for his car last October from Summit for $109. That same pump is $149 now.

Never had a station here do something like that. Generally it's an overnight thing.....

Back in the old days, we had to change the signs first, then stop the pumps, change the price at each one. Now, all it takes is someone in a office to select a station, and enter the price and it's done, signs/pumps inside registers all at once. The cashiers don't even know it happens. The lucky ones were the ones that were already pumping, the unlucky were guys like me or one next to me who saw it flip while his card was being approved.

Here's a handy list of all the companies that haven't raised their prices.
1680905575761.png

You don't cut prices if your sales are meeting your forecasts. You cut prices when sales numbers fall below your projections.

You don't cut prices if your sales are meeting your forecasts. You cut prices when sales numbers fall below your projections.
I love this! Lets all not buy from PST so they dont meet their sales forecasts and drop prices back down... Brilliant!

I love this! Lets all not buy from PST so they dont meet their sales forecasts and drop prices back down... Brilliant!

I've only had 3 new job arrivals since February 4. Prior years, 3 or 4 would show up every week.

Always more of a Labor of Love than a means to my own private island someday, this has never been a profitable operation even during a good economy ... but it was enough to cover the bills. Now I'm so broke I can't even pay attention.

Considering dropping my hourly rate, some work is better than none.

Isn't it??? :elmer:

Their torsion bars are still less expensive than any I could locate. Showed up in 2 days so no complaints from me.

I assume that you are just kidding. If not, then you are confused.
Maybe you didn’t study economics in school. I only had a semester in high school but back then, it was real education. Buy low, sell high. Supply and demand. No bailouts for mismanagement. You did it right or you fail.
Price is a motivator for sales.
If the public isn’t buying your product but buying elsewhere, you’re either overpriced or selling an inferior product.
I’ve priced cars and parts for sale and learned that I was too cheap or too expensive. A smart man learns and makes adjustments as needed.

I assume that you are just kidding. If not, then you are confused.
Maybe you didn’t study economics in school. I only had a semester in high school but back then, it was real education. Buy low, sell high. Supply and demand. No bailouts for mismanagement. You did it right or you fail.
Price is a motivator for sales.
If the public isn’t buying your product but buying elsewhere, you’re either overpriced or selling an inferior product.
I’ve priced cars and parts for sale and learned that I was too cheap or too expensive. A smart man learns and makes adjustments as needed.

Yes, I was kidding. I studied economics in school... I got paid on Friday, bought enough beer and pot to last the weekend, made sure friends gave me gas money to haul them around (Gas, Grass or ***, no one rides for free). Those that know me know I usually don't sell parts. I have it, I don't need it, come and get it and make a donation to Disabled American Veteran's or any veteran/police charity of your choice. This isn't a business for me, it's a hobby.

But I do know all about buy low/sell high, ROI/PKI, etc. It's one reason my car has never been painted. And same reason I don't have a fleet of cars rotting in my yard just for the sake of "I will restore them someday".

As for selling inferior products and still be in business, it's called buy low/sell many. One only has to look at some of the vendors on here to see that. PM me if you want to know more.

I bought some products from PST several weeks ago for my 'Cuda. They showed up 2 days later and the forum discount worked. Free shipping and there was no tax charge either, so I was well pleased! Their prices were better than anyone else's and since they support the forums I was happy to give them my business!

With regards to inflation, it's made me get more creative with my restoration projects. Parts I would chunk and replace before, now, I media blast or take ample amount of time restore. My own labor is free so the more I do, the more I save! I also find myself looking over my parts piles more often and selling items to others that need them now vs me maybe using them in the next 20 years. It helps keep my projects moving forward and others as well.

In trying to get a long block to put in my neighbors car, this is what one business had in their email. They specialize in that brand car:

Due to supply chain issues and increases in our operating costs, as much as we had hoped to avoid raising prices, we have had to raise some of them to cover these additional costs on our end, so you will see almost universal price increases across the board.

We have tweaked our hours of operation a bit, which should help folks to come after work for services!
M-F 10am-7pm

Saturday 9am-5pm

I pulled up to get gas today... sign said $1.37/ltr... by time vehicle in front pulled out, it changed to $1.49/ltr
I was getting gas @ company owned Texaco station filling up..... I needed about 15 gallons but the pump stopped @ about 8 gallons couldn't restart it.. Went inside talked to the attendant, he paused and restarted the pump but @ a higher price...:lowdown: Apparently their the pricing on the pumps is controlled remotely by headquarters and they decided to raise the price while I was filling up, complained but got no satisfaction..

Just my $0.02...

Auto Transport Service
Back