• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting back an original radio

RobsRR

Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
I have decided to remove the radio I installed in my 71 Road Runner in the late 80s. Unfortunately I hacked up the dash like others did back then to make it fit. I have a uncut dash to restore and the frame behind it and have been putting it off because everything works right now. I just bought an AM radio off eBay it needs knobs. I was considering having it sent out to have modern guts installed. Just wanted some feedback from others who have done the same. Also need a set of knobs. Should I get remanufactured once do they look right. Just worried original ones might be dried out and brittle?

Contact Clay Taymon in Florida , he can give you any upgrade you’d like in yours! Did my 67 AM , nice work ! 941-371-8924 !

Putting a year-correct am/fm into my ‘64 Sport Fury. The bezel is unobtanium so I drew it up in Solidworks and I’m printing it on a 3d printer. When you can’t find the rare part, these days you can often make it.

Hey, that whole technology , 3D printer thing , is so amazing, who would ever had thought, when most our cars were new , that parts could be made for them like this ! Great idea! Can you do a heater control bezel for 67 Gtx with it out of aluminum !

Hey, that whole technology , 3D printer thing , is so amazing, who would ever had thought, when most our cars were new , that parts could be made for them like this ! Great idea! Can you do a heater control bezel for 67 Gtx with it out of aluminum !
The one I have available only does plastics. I need to send out for metal. Not sure if aluminum is done? Many others though. With dimensions I can draw it.

Not sure how to answer that , it’s the bezel that the two levers for the heater poke through, and the fan switch arm ! It’s chromed , with recess black ground! Reason,I would replace is to swap the letters around on it , for I now have a/c and use this original plate, as the controller! If this makes any sense ! Probably, just a pain in arshe for nothing though!

If your thinking of using the Aurora Bluetooth system I can highly recommend it. My ‘68 GTX has one in it, sounds great and can even take phone call on it. The two tips are first if you go on the Aurora website there is a list of authorized installers and maybe there’s someone local to you. That’s what I did. The second tip is for a front dash speaker just buy one really good one because the Aurora can be used with 1,2,3 or 4 speakers. I put 2 together in the front dash and it was a little bit of a hassle. Of course two really nice speakers would be on the back shelf. Another thought is I had a $10 connection added to my system in case I wanted to add an amplifier, though it hasn’t been needed yet. Good luck.

If your thinking of using the Aurora Bluetooth system I can highly recommend it. My ‘68 GTX has one in it, sounds great and can even take phone call on it. The two tips are first if you go on the Aurora website there is a list of authorized installers and maybe there’s someone local to you. That’s what I did. The second tip is for a front dash speaker just buy one really good one because the Aurora can be used with 1,2,3 or 4 speakers. I put 2 together in the front dash and it was a little bit of a hassle. Of course two really nice speakers would be on the back shelf. Another thought is I had a $10 connection added to my system in case I wanted to add an amplifier, though it hasn’t been needed yet. Good luck.
Thank you all for the suggestions.

Auto Transport Service
Back