• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Q1a upper control arms

Max lobato

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
hi b body fam
I just purchased new q1a upper contol arms and struts. My question is on my stock control arms my ball joint swivels on the new ones its a solid shaft. Is there something i need to add? Or can in be pressed into the spindle as is. Also i want to upgrade the spindles for disc brakes..any suggestions?

I "think" you mean the balljoint screws into the old control arm. The balljoint has a very strange thread and yes, they actually screw into the new arms. They seem to cut their own groove as they're installed. Use a proper balljoint socket !!!

If you're not referring to what I just mentioned and are talking about the shaft itself, then I believe its just tight because its new. It will swivel with some force and that is normal.

Thanks !
Now that you mention it i did not give it a whole.lot of effort to move the shaft. Ill give it a shot once i get back home

Thanks again
I "think" you mean the balljoint screws into the old control arm. The balljoint has a very strange thread and yes, they actually screw into the new arms. They seem to cut their own groove as they're installed. Use a proper balljoint socket !!!

If you're not referring to what I just mentioned and are talking about the shaft itself, then I believe its just tight because its new. It will swivel with some force and that is normal.

Auto Transport Service
Back