• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QA1 LCA bushing help

Mocajava

Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
I know this was discussed in an old thread but wanting to get a little more info from those of you that purchased the QA1 LCA. Mine were purchase over 2 years ago for my 69 Coronet and I am just starting the assembly now. The car was totally dissembled 2 1/2 years ago and that process and the parts I removed escape my memory. In fitting these up, I have slack on the nut side of the shaft, toward front of car. I didn't receive any type of bushing with the QA1 kit to take up that slack and wondering if I need to go back to QA1 for a bushing to fit their product or a Mopar vendor to get a new bushing and which one is it? In the Classic Industries catalog, there are two listed for the LCA. One is short and one appears to be longer but no explanation of where each is used and why are two listed? In looking at the service manual, I see a bushing listed but unclear as to its actual shape or if it is needed with the QA1 set up. The QA1 fit up is metal shaft to metal sleeve sliding through the K frame, it would seem there is some type of bushing needed. Any help or explanation would be appreciated gents.

If you are talking about the strut rods, which connect to the k frame at an angle at the very front, then yes there needs to be a bushing in there. There are poly or rubber available. I prefer poly. Just order ones for your car. Energy suspension have poly ones. Most other resto places will have rubber. If you are talking about the pivot pins where they go through the k frame, then no. If there is too much slop there, then the k frame sleeve is probably pounded out.

I am talking the LCA pins where they go through frame. The shaft on the QA1 has about a 1/4" length of a good fit
(toward rear of car)
and then the diameter steps down smaller all the way to the threads. I am pretty sure there were probably some bushings provided that went with these QA1 pieces, at least that is what the QA1 ad states...bushing included. I read several of the descriptions of parts included..I must have lost them in the time span and move I made last year. I will contact QA1 Monday to get this confirmed and order another set. I hope I am correct and a simple phone call will correct what I lost. THX

The pivot pins should have come with the nut and thick washer. As you tighten the nut, it pulls the lca towards the k frame and the round stop machined on the pin stops the pin from going any further.

Auto Transport Service
Back