• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QA1 suspension

I’m going to try ARP studs on the steering box mounting, and shim if as needed.

Probably posting too late on this. QA-1 did not used to make a k member for the 62-65 cars. I have a '66 tubular K member I had to modify with mounts in the stock location. After that, I have installed the 66 style to set my motor back the extra 1.5 " ... in my mind the kit saves weight, gave me the set back I needed, added the fittings for an anti roll bar (missing on my 63 Dodge). The strut rods are more positive than the factory ones. I retained the torsion bar setup. As for jacking, I have a piece of 2x6 that bridges the two tubes perfectly. Overall very happy with it.

Suspension Borgeson.jpg

IMG_20190525_134113.jpg

QA1 318 Poly.jpg

This is somewhat like what weight oil should I run in my engine. I have 2, full front tubular suspensions, probably will be 3 in the future . You can have the stock stuff, it's seems to always be in contact with something or clunking. Don't remember having issues with it way back in the day, but don't like it now. Yes, you should bridge the 2 tubes when jacking the front up, I don't do the twist the unibody one wheel at a time thing.
Yeah, it's my money.

QA1 Front torsion bar suspension is installed.
Waiting for the QA1 rear suspension and sway bar to arrive, as well as the QA1 shocks.

Thanks for the info and the pics.

I have changed my mind regarding the QA1 K-member. I'll do that swap after I finish up my current round of mods. (floors, interior, headliner, etc.)

Auto Transport Service
Back