• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question - 1969 Newport

Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
Hi - I just collected my 1969 383 Newport Convertible.

It has been badged as a Newport Custom.

I can't find any information to confirm that any convertible customs were ever manufactured.

It has twin pipes, but the carburetor has only one snorkel.

Either way I am happy with even a standard Newport, but were any E62 4barrel custom convertibles ever manufactured?

I should say, that the car is a quick machine. Some locals says the 383 wasn't powerful enough, but I have reservations about those statements.

As probably the second or third Newport owner in Australia, looking forward to hearing from our North American friends.

Daniel

What is the VIN?

First 5-7 characters will tell.

Isn't "E" economy?

...and "L" low?

Funny they would build what looks like a shitload of economy class Chrysler drop tops and zero low price class.

How many CH and/or CP cars?

Isn't "E" economy?

...and "L" low?

Funny they would build what looks like a shitload of economy class Chrysler drop tops and zero low price class.

How many CH and/or CP cars?
1969. CE. Newport
CL. Newport Custom
CM. 300 convertibles 1933
CH. New Yorker
CP. Town and Country
Only convertibles available were Newports and 300’s.

Last edited:
VIN starts with CE= Newport. CL= Newport custom.
Thanks - I think you are right. I don't think any convertible customs were even made. I think the custom badges have been added, along with the twin pipes.

CE27G9C255795

Why do you guys in America think the 383 wasn't a great motor? This thing goes hard...

As a former car hauler that transported vintage cars worth millions I suggest you fly in and drive it home.

That industry is full of scumbags, cheats and incompetent buffoons.

Pilot, Reliable, Inter City were all my competitors when I was in the biz... They are Ok but expensive.

The brokers will lie and those truck owners guys with 1,2,3 car haulers are mostly irresponsible dumbass's. And many are poster children for bad service .

As an unknowledgeable Australian, does that mean something like March Madness...

Or did they actually make some convertibles with the 4 barrel 383?

Grateful for your advice.
As well, the top engine option would have been the 375 HP 440.

As a former car hauler that transported vintage cars worth millions I suggest you fly in and drive it home.

That industry is full of scumbags, cheats and incompetent buffoons.

Pilot, Reliable, Inter City were all my competitors when I was in the biz... They are Ok but expensive.

The brokers will lie and those truck owners guys with 1,2,3 car haulers are mostly irresponsible dumbass's. And many are poster children for bad service .
I think he got the car already. And.. he's across the ocean....

Auto Transport Service
Back