• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about converting A/C to non-A/C

Hilljack68

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
I'm deleting the AC in my 68 Coronet, and the only unresolved issue is the heater hose routing. Obviously I'll be plugging the two A/C ports on the firewall, but I'm uncertain as to where (on the firewall) the heater hoses will land. I know the heater boxes are different on an A/C car vs. a non A/C car, and that may be the difference. My factory setup had the shorty hose as shown in the first picture. Do I leave it like this, or install both hoses on the small oval plate on the left like in the second picture? Thanks fellas!

engine bay7.jpg
engine bay91.jpg

It’s really none of my business so blow me off if you like - but I’m curious as to why you would delete the a/c on your baby. That’s the one thing I wish I had on my X that I don’t have. It doesn’t get hot and humid in Ohio in the summer?

Just replace your compressor with a Sanden unit and get that A/C working again...a lot cheaper and a lot less grief.

This was a question - not a debate on whether or not I should have A/C. Remarkable... Absolutely remarkable. Never mind, I got my answer elsewhere.

Are you interested in selling the old parts ? Did they work?

I'll sell it, but not sure if it works. I got the car as a project about a year ago, so never had a chance yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back