• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about SE package

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1974 Charger SE. (So I believe). The car has the SE badging, the SE interior, with bench seat with folding armrest,and the SE 6 opera windows. However the car does not have the hideaway headlights. Did the SE ever come without the hideaway headlights, or maybe the front grill was changed at some point? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

no. that was 71-72 only. they do fit with a little work. I have the 71 set-up in mine

Not much to add besides the se grille has a red bar in the center

Got a picture of car ? Would love to see it

Got a picture of car ? Would love to see it
Charger side view.JPG

Brings back memories. My Charger was a 74 SE Brougham, all black, ordered new by the sales manager at Spartanburg Dodge. He ordered the same car in all white for his wife. Looked just like yours.

Brings back memories. My Charger was a 74 SE Brougham, all black, ordered new by the sales manager at Spartanburg Dodge. He ordered the same car in all white for his wife. Looked just like yours.

At risk of going severely off topic.......

During my brief stint at goodyear in 1986, I worked on an old black man's 75 corvette. The next week it came back, or so I thought.
It was his wife's. They were identical white with red interior except hers was auto, his was a 4 speed.

Auto Transport Service
Back