• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions about a local 69 Super Bee

you have me in at around 15k or abouts
as said
not many 69 Bee's are around compared to other b's

you could always sell off the six pack carbs/intake and air cleaner for 2k or so
and slap a 4bbl on it to re coop a few bucks.

it sounds like you want someone to talk you into it?
you will be upside down
even if the car was free
Labor,materials and parts are too expensive these days.
do it because you love it.
if you are after profit, find another hobby.
figure you will break even if your labor is free
its a a 25 to 30k car when finished
go backwards from there
needs about 10 to 15k worth of body and paint
not much room for much else before you are underwater..

I just had a look at Cars On Line and there is a really nice one restored for $57,000.
If you consider that near the top of the current market.
It is not just body work it is restoring the dash, the wiring, the suspension it goes on and on.
The car you posted pics of is pretty rough really.
I agree with Flypaper - if you do it nice. You would be hard pressed to do it nice(and it will take years of your life) for any less than buying that beautiful car for the asking $57,000.

a friend of mine (a member here) was looking for a nice orig 69 Bee in the 30k range
for a while
he ended up buying a numbers runner
He could not find many 69 Bees that were not roaches in some way.

I’m seeing a lot of “you’re crazy If you spend over $7500” and a lot of “14-17k”. I can handle the mechanical work and some of the body work between myself and family. The general consensus seems to be you’d be $56k into the car and it’d be worth 25-35k. But, I don’t know that decent project mopars can be had for “realistic” prices.

The math will never add up with b body
Lower end project car even if it is free
You have to really want it or dont bother.

01DC0B87-41A2-44D4-B69F-D23D23777A29.jpeg
8E3D41DE-5CCE-45F2-9171-2A73C93C2D95.jpeg
I think I could get this one for 8k. No motor/trans.

I would call it the high end of the market value which would be ok .
great would be well below market value
not great would be above

IMHO, it's a coupe and worth more than a hardtop. Less post Bee's around than hardtops. That said, the end budget will never work out if you plan to resell, but I can tell you darn near to the dollar what you'll have into it with a complete restoration. 4.5 years and almost 3000 hours to complete mine.

https://classiccars.com/listings/find/all-years/dodge/super-bee

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-1969-Dodge-Super-Bee-c6725#listing=249398736

This one sold for 45k
https://www.streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/1963-dfw/1969-dodge-super-bee

Sothebys Auction 40-45k
https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/fl19/fort-lauderdale/lots/r0155-1969-dodge-super-bee/745377

Personally I think 16k is a bit much for the condition it's in and non numbers matching
You will have more in it than if you bought one for 45K and the 45k car will be worth more

Personally I think 16k is a bit much for the condition it's in and non numbers matching

I think its on the high end myself but I would bet he gets it if he waits it out
you will find 2 69 runner projects for one 69 bee project.
the math will never add up on a 383 car even if its free.
one thing this car does have in its favor is it is a pretty complete runner
and not in a bunch of boxes missing a bunch of stuff
also think about what it would cost to make that 8k car
close to this 16k car
5-6k for a drivetrain and then add on the 6pk and you are there..

I think its on the high end myself but I would bet he gets it if he waits it out
you will find 2 69 runner projects for one 69 bee project.
the math will never add up on a 383 car even if its free.
one thing this car does have in its favor is it is a pretty complete runner
and not in a bunch of boxes missing a bunch of stuff
also think about what it would cost to make that 8k car
close to this 16k car
5-6k for a drivetrain and then add on the 6pk and you are there..

My point was that if he started with 16K he'd have 45 or more in it before he was through
The real tempting buy to me would be the 27K car
depending on what it looked like in person, He could have less in it when done simply because it needs less
I get the point about it being a rare car and I understand restoring one that is hard to find parts for
I have a 66 Charger.

the more you spend going in, will always cost you less in the long run.
the 16k car has a cheaper buy in and one advantage is you can trickle the money in over time
instead of laying most of it out all at once.

If you are good at body work and reconstruction, this would be a great car. but from the photos of the exterior, it has a bad case of cancer. what does a clean body look a like sell for? wish you the best.
hogranch

I'm 68 years old and I've done 3 complete B-Body restorations. I can absolutely assure you, beyond any doubt what so ever, the cost of the restoration FAR exceeds the value of the car. And that doesn't even take into account the massive amount of your time and frustration. Listen to this ol' timer, buy one already done and save yourself huge amounts of time and money.
But if you like working on it and spending tons of money over many years rather than driving and enjoying a completed one, then have at it. Just go into it with your eyes wide open.
PS That car looks like it needs everything! Figure on $75K (minimum) and 5 years of your life to get it restored. Think about it.

paid 19 for mine fresh out of paint. had motor and transmission installed. but no interior. i ended up with close to 45 in it when finished

I can't see how this guy would turn down 15 and say if he doesn't get his price of 16 five he's going to part it out.
For fifteen hundred he's going to go through all the BS of selling off parts? Makes no sense to me.
Your going to find at least twice the rot that you can now see once you start tearing apart, so you need to be well aware of that.
I would go along with whatever Flypaper says as he knows what he is talking about.

Auto Transport Service
Back