• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quickjack by Bendpak

MarPar

If it weighs, it pays
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
Gents (and Leanna :love10:),

i was browsing around the interwebs and found this jack

http://www.bendpak.com/Shop-Equipment/QuickJack/BL-3500.aspx

QuickJack_BL-3500_Specs.jpgQuickJack_Ranger_Lift_Down_Complete.jpgQuickJak_Lift_Ranger.jpg

it's not cheap, (bout a grand) but i think it's safer and a lot easier than humping floor jacks around to get the olde GTXer up in the air.

i am planning to use the lift in conjunction with these jack stands (3 ton a piece)

jack stands.jpg

these jack stands can go up to about 17" high. is that a safe height to work under? seems a bit high, but man would it be nice to be able to move around down there without being a freaking contortionist. lol

thoughts? opinions? let 'em fly :director:

thanks in advance
Mario

Only issue is that it goes in a arc going up or down which will make it harder to position the jack stands.

Only issue is that it goes in a arc going up or down which will make it harder to position the jack stands.

what do mean an arc, AMX? they look like they go up flat...

EDIT: i see what you mean. i could lift it a little bit higher than the jack stands and set it down on the stands. (taking into account the arc on it's way back down)

I'm interested in these too. Can you lift a roadrunner like that - meaning by the frame rails between the wheels? I guess that IS where the factory jacking points are. I just never let my rear axle hang when i jack the car up, but i guess it's ok. All the "real" auto shop lifts work that way...

Mario were you thinking of just pushing them under the car when driving out of the garage? I only ask because, like you, i'm tired of pulling around a floor jack and pumping on the lever, but will i now just have to pull these around?

I keep saying i'm just gonna buy a GOOD floor jack instead of my 2 ton- rated aluminum race jack. Maybe this is better????

BTW I have the SAME jack stands and I don't love them. I have used them for years, but I'd like to have something stronger. I don't use them past about two thirds of the way because I get nervous about them after that w so little "shaft" still in the stand. I'm going to buy the ones with the pins that go through the shaft and stand, probably from Tooltopia.com

Greg

Sorry, don't see the allure here. These things look like a crushed skull waiting to happen.

I'm interested in these too. Can you lift a roadrunner like that - meaning by the frame rails between the wheels? it has rubber bumpers that you can place in a couple of spots that i think could get there. (yes, i know, i need to measure everything twice before i buy anything :icon_thumright:) I guess that IS where the factory jacking points are. I just never let my rear axle hang when i jack the car up, but i guess it's ok. I dont think it will be that bad, but putting a floor jack/bottle jack (at least after it's up...and ditto for the k-mamber) will make it that much better!! All the "real" auto shop lifts work that way...

Mario were you thinking of just pushing them under the car when driving out of the garage? Fo sho, Greg. I wud just slide them forward or back a foot or two and pull the car out of her house I only ask because, like you, i'm tired of pulling around a floor jack and pumping on the lever, but will i now just have to pull these around? Allegedly, brother!! could make some sort of handle that would "grab" a rail or somethin that you could manipulate the jack back and forth.

I keep saying i'm just gonna buy a GOOD floor jack instead of my 2 ton- rated aluminum race jack. Maybe this is better???? a lot easier and much more efficient is how I sees it

BTW I have the SAME jack stands and I don't love them. I have used them for years, but I'd like to have something stronger. I don't use them past about two thirds of the way because I get nervous about them after that w so little "shaft" still in the stand. I'm going to buy the ones with the pins that go through the shaft and stand, probably from Tooltopia.com

yeah, i am not too keen on these jackstands (up @ 17" high anyways) but i figured i would solicit a few opinions lol

guna have to search for some high-lift jack stands. hope fully i can find some Made in the USA ones...

:sFl_america2:

Greg

You bring up a helluva lot of good points, Greg. ill respond above in red...

Sorry, don't see the allure here. These things look like a crushed skull waiting to happen.

you're 100% right, 68. i want to be underneath there for the shortest amount possible...

they do have two lock out bars that you have to set, but i dont think there's anyway im using these for more than jacking the car up for short period of time...brake job and setting jack stands that's about it. (and even for a brake job/tire service ill still have something under the car, just in case)

when the car is up for a longer term, im going to use 4 jack stands and i will be using two bottle jacks as well (under the k-member and the rear-end). so i reckon i have it pretty well covered. :yes:

damn **** MoPar guys lol :headbang:

Hey Mario. Looks like a pretty cool set up. Price tag stings a little. I spend plenty of time under 6 Ton Jackstands at a height of 20-22" inches. Got several 3 tons I use frequently as well. Don't max them out on height and always make sure I have well seated jacks, placed proportionally. Usually try to have a floor jack in place just as a fail safe/warm fuzzy. Only bitch I would have is the accommodations of a cold northern garage floor this time of year. Sure wouldn't want to deal with climbing under, maneuvering, and out from as well as the climate if I had about 20 more years or so notched on my belt.

we had a guy at the shop that had one he had some problems with it and got rid of it he said he didn't fell safe under it and went with a quick lift instead

X2 Prop on the 6 ton jack stands. More height and I feel more secure. The only negative is the bigger footprint of the base.

X2 Prop on the 6 ton jack stands. More height and I feel more secure. The only negative is the bigger footprint of the base.

I use the 6 tons too. Mainly for the heigth. I think the big footprint is a plus. Less tippy.

I'd definitely go with double locking jack stands (the ones with a pin through them).
I always throw a wheel under the car if I can...so if everything fails it will land on wheel instead of on me :)

Threads like this are much better than one titled, "Holy Hell, How Do I Get This GTX Off My Chest???" Good on ALL of you! Keep those pros and cons coming all in the name of safety. :D

Auto Transport Service
Back