• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

R5P7 motor

The Dude

Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
Anyone ever put one of these in a B body before? the good idea fairy is in my head and ive seen one in a super bee before but im wondering if anyone has any dealings with the fabrication involved. just at a glance i know the k frame will need some work and its a plate mount small block but rather then re-invent the wheel i figure ill put some feelers out.

You can do it if you can make the headers, otherwise you need them made.

Might want to look for a DPS2 and heads

dps2 like for inspections?, down the lines of headers there are a few options out there with used inconel headers in almost every config, my worry is mounting the beast with minimal changes.

Very kool! My only question after seeing the dyno results is how often are you going to be able to take advantage of that power band in a street car?

well i know the power hits at about 7k, so at 3-4k it will be about 300-400hp which isnt that bad. the only worry i have about that is low idle. im pretty much at the point that if its too much to mount it ill go in another direction but a high rpm nextel cup car motor just sounds sexy at 8000rpm's and thats hard to walk away from for $6k for motor and $2.5k for the tex t-10 tranny, but again if its too much of a stretch ill let it go.

Found another one with the motor installed, good photos of mounting and what needs to be done, im gonna move forward with it after seeing the results, my last concerns are the headers and oil pan with the pick ups with the dry sump.

engine-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture050.jpg
[/IMG]
p-mount.jpg
[/IMG]
steering.jpg
[/IMG]

Auto Transport Service
Back