• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator # and flow rates

69Ronrunner

Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
i have a radiator # 2989036 which is a 68 225 straight 6 radiator. Its a 22 in 2 row radiator i have in my Road Runner. i also am using a 1974 440 water pump housing with a passanger side inlet. My question is... I recentaly changed- oil, plugs, coolent, air filter, fule, and reset idle mixture. The car is over heating??? checked thermostat and is opening at 160ish any ideas? Dose this radiator have enough flow capacity to cool a big block? It was in the car when i bought it and the previous owner said he never had trouble??

i have a radiator # 2989036 which is a 68 225 straight 6 radiator. Its a 22 in 2 row radiator i have in my Road Runner. i also am using a 1974 440 water pump housing with a passanger side inlet. My question is... I recentaly changed- oil, plugs, coolent, air filter, fule, and reset idle mixture. The car is over heating??? checked thermostat and is opening at 160ish any ideas? Dose this radiator have enough flow capacity to cool a big block? It was in the car when i bought it and the previous owner said he never had trouble??

I had the same rad in my 70 RR, 383 4-speed, 4.56 gear. I had major cooling issues. The car ran at about 200-210 degrees all the time. I bought a Champion aluminum radiator, 23'', 3-row, from Oscars Radiator in Phoenix. Oscars rads are cheaper than what Champion charges for them. Anyway, I haven't had any cooling problems with the new rad, and the temperature gauge hasn't seen 180* since the swap. Highly recommended for about $200.

Auto Transport Service
Back