• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator coolant reservoir

Peter V.

Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, really quick. The new radiator I bought comes with a coolant reservoir outlet. I know that having one has multiple benefits but I don't really want to put one yet. Put plastic epoxy on the outlet for now and put the coolant reservoir later?

just run an overflow hose down the side( like stock) until you fit reservoir and then its easy to plum

No, no, no! Place a hose on it and run in down below the frame. That's a "safty" if there's too much coolant in the system or too much pressure. It needs a place to vent to.

No, no, no! Place a hose on it and run in down below the frame. That's a "safty" if there's too much coolant in the system or too much pressure. It needs a place to vent to.
Thank you very much. I didn't know that. you just helped me avoid what sounds like a costly mistake.

Auto Transport Service
Back