• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator leak dang it

rp23g7

Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
Went to the store and came back out, little puddle under the radiator. Dang

Checked and its coming from the fitting for the trans cooler line, loosened the trans line, and tightened the fitting ,still drips.

Whats the best way to fix that, permatex, silicone, braze it together, jb weld lol

started it and let it run 10 min or so, doesnt seem like its under much pressure, drips didnt speed up. Shut it off and let it sit, still the same drip pattern

Think i will seal it with some epoxy or JB, and get a trans cooler, probably the vibration from the steel line that cracked it. Time to save up for a new radiator.

You're gonna think I'm nuts, but you might try black pepper. Yes, right off the dinner table black pepper. It can (and has for me) stopped small leaks, but these have all been "pressure" leaks.

Pepper doesn't dissolve, and all those lil flat flakes find their way to the leak and stack up. Pressure holds them in place. But it may not work in this case.

Guess you could call my radiator guy. He's in downtown Fort Worth lol

You're gonna think I'm nuts, but you might try black pepper. Yes, right off the dinner table black pepper. It can (and has for me) stopped small leaks, but these have all been "pressure" leaks.

Pepper doesn't dissolve, and all those lil flat flakes find their way to the leak and stack up. Pressure holds them in place. But it may not work in this case.

Guess you could call my radiator guy. He's in downtown Fort Worth lol

Never been a fan of putting foreign objects in places they dont belong. :yes: I have heard of the pepper trick and the egg trick, but dont want other stuff getting gummed up.

Why do radiators cost so much dang it. Does your radiator guy sell new/refurbished rads? Or just a local repair guy.

Well, the good thing about pepper is it won't gum things up. I'd never use Bar's or anything like that. They can really mess up a radiator that is already in marginal condition.

Well, the good thing about pepper is it won't gum things up. I'd never use Bar's or anything like that. They can really mess up a radiator that is already in marginal condition.

HMMM, so just pour a whole shaker of pepper in it?

Silver Seal i think its called works well.Small can and is in a powder form,works about the same as pepper.If i remember right its made by permatex.

Havlicks in totem lake could most likely fix it for yha

Yup. Just pour the pepper in. It really does work. NOT a permanent fix though

Auto Transport Service
Back