• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator Recommendations For The Bee

Nuke463

Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
Gents,
Am looking for suggestions for a radiator for my 71 Bee. Here are the requirements:
4 Speed Car
383 Engine Mostly stock but is 0.030 over 906 heads, ported; Cam is not stock but is next next size up
3.55 Suregrip
Doug's Headers
Needs to be new radiator
Needs to be 26"
Non A/C car
4 Core would be best but 3 Core would be considered
Would prefer OE in appearance but not a show stopper
Not appossed to aluminum
Any help would be appreciated!
Nuke

Gents,
Am looking for suggestions for a radiator for my 71 Bee. Here are the requirements:
4 Speed Car
383 Engine Mostly stock but is 0.030 over 906 heads, ported; Cam is not stock but is next next size up
3.55 Suregrip
Doug's Headers
Needs to be new radiator
Needs to be 26"
Non A/C car
4 Core would be best but 3 Core would be considered
Would prefer OE in appearance but not a show stopper
Not appossed to aluminum
Any help would be appreciated!
Nuke
I have the same car, engine, trans...everything.
Was looking at this Glenray Rad but was concerned with the location of the top hose outlet...Needs to be more central in the tank rather than at the edge.
I know these rads will work great just that i had a bad time with Cold Case and trying not to go down the same path again.
1966-1972 Mopar B & E Body Aluminum 26" Radiator Road Runner Challenger Cuda | eBay

I have the same car, engine, trans...everything.
Was looking at this Glenray Rad but was concerned with the location of the top hose outlet...Needs to be more central in the tank rather than at the edge.

Glenray = Factory Specs.
So the connecting locations should be in the right place unless you relocate them on your engine.
My car is stock so it fit like a glove. I did not even have to massage it.

Call GlenRay and talk to them. If the outlet needs to be moved they can likely do that.
If you have a radiator with the correct upper and lower tanks, Glenray can repair the tanks, and put them on a new Max Cooling core.
The re-core radiator was quite a bit less expensive than the Licensed Reproduction radiators.

On the aluminum radiators, look for something with the larger (but less) cores.
The Griffin Exact fit are good, but almost as expensive as the GlenRay radiator.
Griffin Radiators for 1971 Dodge Super Bee

Call GlenRay and talk to them. If the outlet needs to be moved they can likely do that.
If you have a radiator with the correct upper and lower tanks, Glenray can repair the tanks, and put them on a new Max Cooling core.
The re-core radiator was quite a bit less expensive than the Licensed Reproduction radiators.

On the aluminum radiators, look for something with the larger (but less) cores.
The Griffin Exact fit are good, but almost as expensive as the GlenRay radiator.
Griffin Radiators for 1971 Dodge Super Bee
Can you post a pic of your rad and hose locations. May be your radiator model number.
I have ordered 6 rad hosed from Rock Auto but having little luck finding the correct one.
Bought 2 71 B's in boxes so the only reference i have is my 68 Charger BB but that may not be correct.

I have Glen Ray in all my cars. They are great imo, but like stated above, are not cheap. I have never used one, but several guys on here have had good luck with this place on Ebay. They sell several different varieties.
1966-1972 Mopar B & E Body Aluminum 26" Radiator Road Runner Challenger Cuda | eBay
Glen Ray products are the way to go. They offer a standard radiator and a MAX COOLING radiator....the best thing to do is call them and talk with Bob. They can configure the rad to suit your application. Not inexpensive but absolutely the best....guaranteed forever....can supply date coded if this is what you want. A #2998956 radiator for my RS23V0A****** GTX, with date code and the MAX COOLING CORE with shipping was ~ $ 1400.....IMO worth the price.
BOB RENTON

I have Glen Ray in all my cars. They are great imo, but like stated above, are not cheap. I have never used one, but several guys on here have had good luck with this place on Ebay. They sell several different varieties.

I have one in my GTX and it has been perfect, even in AZ summers. Cools great, looks stock, and the shroud mounts are spot on. If money is no object, get the Glen Ray. If you have a budget, get the aluminum one from Autocity.

Auto Transport Service
Back