• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator support suit 26”, how?

Crash520

Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, my RR was birthed with a 22” radiator, I’d prefer to run a 26” min, in the E body world you simply buy the passenger panel and swap them over on the radiator support, is it the same on a B body or what’s needed please?

You can buy the panel new for about a hundred bucks. I just sold one here on this site a few months ago for half that. Because my rad support got backed into I’m changing out the entire rad support. It’s a MAJOR *** pain to do it right. There are a few layers of high grade steel that you have to grind through and spot welds to drill out, in the proper sequence. If you can get away with just changing the one panel you are way further ahead. My car is a ‘70 Coronet. One of the car mags ran an article on how to do that properly. It must exist on the internet somewhere.

On a '69 B-body both panels are different for the larger rad. It would help if you told us the year of yours!

Yep you could be right,but I went with ColdCase and they did not have the correct 22 inch radiator for my Bee,I live in s carolina and 8 weeks of smoking hot weather and I want to enjoy driving my car and not worry about the heat.

Yep you could be right,but I went with ColdCase and they did not have the correct 22 inch radiator for my Bee,I live in s carolina and 8 weeks of smoking hot weather and I want to enjoy driving my car and not worry about the heat.
Coldcase does have the proper 22 inch radiator,I was wrong :BangHead:

I had a 22 inch radiator support and wanted to change it to a 26 inch.

I ordered a right side panel ($107) from AMD to make it a 26 inch and when it arrived i noticed it seemed very thin.

The original support I measured at 18 gauge and the AMD panel was 22 gauge.

I sent it back to AMD because I was not happy with the thin flimsy steel.

I ended up buying a original 26 inch support here on B bodies.

Last edited:
Lot of cash for a gain of 56.14 sq in of cooling ie. @7by7 in more core area

There are differences between the original 26" and just adding the conversion panel to the 22" opening.

:D
cut off tool.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back