• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

radiator

project62

Local time
8:20 AM
Reaction score
Why wouldn't this fit my 1962 Plymouth Savoy with a 383.

MP600126 - 1963-69 Mopar B-Body; 65-66 A-Body V8 - Aluminum Radiator (3-Row) - 17-1/2" X 22" X 2" Core

Keep your engine cool with one of these polished high performance aluminum radiators. Manufactured from tig welded aircraft grade aluminum with brazed aluminum cores and billet filler necks, each radiator offers high capacity cooling with louvered fins and 3/8" spacing between 5/8" core tubes. Designed for direct fit installation. Radiator cap is included.

Important: All radiators have built-in automatic transmission coolers and can be used in both automatic and manual transmission applications. …

Why wouldn't this fit my 1962 Plymouth Savoy with a 383.

MP600126 - 1963-69 Mopar B-Body; 65-66 A-Body V8 - Aluminum Radiator (3-Row) - 17-1/2" X 22" X 2" Core

Keep your engine cool with one of these polished high performance aluminum radiators. Manufactured from tig welded aircraft grade aluminum with brazed aluminum cores and billet filler necks, each radiator offers high capacity cooling with louvered fins and 3/8" spacing between 5/8" core tubes. Designed for direct fit installation. Radiator cap is included.

Important: All radiators have built-in automatic transmission coolers and can be used in both automatic and manual transmission applications. …
Upper Radiator hose is in the wrong location for a BB. Should be on the RH side.

Thats a crossflow.
I'm useing this one. Lower passenger hole doesn't match origanal location but a drill will fix that. I like the outer flange for mounting a fan shroud without the fasteners going through the core area. It sits a little lower than the factory radiator but I'm going to adjust that too. Can't beat the price. Check out their print for the measurements.
20161114_105641.jpg
20161114_110723.jpg

http://www.speedcooling.com/22-Mopar-BIG-BLOCK-HD-Aluminum-Radiator.html?Ebay

Buy a hose with right diameter both ends and cut to fit. I would like to known if there is a good reason this wouldn't work. Is there a reason for the hose to be on passenger side? Re-cored 318 radiator to a 4 row. No overheating problems with mine.
1965 Dodge 015.JPG

I've seen a lot of people useing the center hose. Makes it easier to get to the dizzy.

I've seen a lot of people useing the center hose. Makes it easier to get to the dizzy.
What's the difference between a crossflow and the one you bought? Is crossflow a bad thing.

Thats a crossflow.
I'm useing this one. Lower passenger hole doesn't match origanal location but a drill will fix that. I like the outer flange for mounting a fan shroud without the fasteners going through the core area. It sits a little lower than the factory radiator but I'm going to adjust that too. Can't beat the price. Check out their print for the measurements.
View attachment 387585 View attachment 387587

http://www.speedcooling.com/22-Mopar-BIG-BLOCK-HD-Aluminum-Radiator.html?Ebay
Good price and it's built in the U.S. The one i posted is made in china. So that company can keep their cross-flow radiator. Even the price with shroud and dual fans is decent.

I bought one from northern rad that was supposed to fit a 64 at 22". Nope, sent it back and bought another through classic industries. A good fit but does not have a mounting flange for a shroud unfortunately.

Auto Transport Service
Back