• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radio Delete cars

1706332278821.png

No radio, single speed wipers, and no windshield washers.1964 Polara 500.

I wonder what the "plate" used to cover the empty hole is called in a parts manual?

Block-off plate?

"Trim" plate?

Question on the 'stripe delete' cars.

I know on some, 69 Charger R/T for example, if you 'deleted' the bumblebee stripe the killer gigantic R/T emblem was bolted through the rear quarter.
That emblem is the greatest, imo.

Anyhow, on other b-body and a-body cars, iirc there are examples without the rear stripe and nothing to replace it, not sure.

So is the bumblebee stripe an option, standard and the emblem an option, or different depending on the year and model?

Is stripe delete an actual thing?

No radio, single speed wipers, and no windshield washers.1964 Polara 500.

Ditto, '65 Belvedere II

Also: Automatic Transmission Delete, Air Conditioning Delete, Power Steering Delete and Power Brake Delete. 1 of 1? :rolleyes:

I know on some, 69 Charger R/T for example, if you 'deleted' the bumblebee stripe the killer gigantic R/T emblem was bolted through the rear quarter.

Anyhow, on other b-body and a-body cars, iirc there are examples without the rear stripe and nothing to replace it, not sure.

So is the bumblebee stripe an option, standard and the emblem an option, or different depending on the year and model?

1971 Superbee / Charger R/T

V68 - LONGITUDINAL TAPE SPORT STRIPE-DELETE

It still got you the Superbee or R/T Logo/Decal on Hood

I am sure that V68 Code was used on earlier B Bodies also

Standard bumble bee stripes, like on R/Ts or Bees could be deleted. What replaced the deletion varied. Other examples of stripe deletions and substitutions exist.

OPTIONAL items like radios can’t be deleted. Radios even in top of the line Imperials weren’t standard.

I saw a picture on here earlier of a 1968 Coronet R/T. It did not have the regular Bumble Bee stripes on it, but instead had a longitudinal double stripe along top body feature line, similar to that on '67 R/T. It looked nice, because not often seen this way. 1968 Dart GTS could also have a BumbleBee or longitudinal stripe.

Auto Transport Service
Back