• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rag Joint Option

flint040

Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
Looking at getting a new steering gear box and all new front end components for my 73 SE. I found Bergman's Borgeson kit, but want to confirm the Bergman no cut coupler takes the place of the 73 only rag joint and coupler?
Thanks

Looking at getting a new steering gear box and all new front end components for my 73 SE. I found Bergman's Borgeson kit, but want to confirm the Bergman no cut coupler takes the place of the 73 only rag joint and coupler?
Thanks
Might be something to ask Bergman Im sure they have a tech number to call. Yup they do... tel:1-(516)-384-6438

If anyone is curious, i did call Peter and sadly, no, his no cut coupler does not work on 73 models. Said my options were to get a 71-72 shaft, or send him the shaft to somehow adapt it. Going to research further options now.

I just worked on a prototype to do this. Hopefully I'll be testing this over the next week or so. Its a simple part that replaces the lower cast part that goes to the steering box now. 73-74 guys will rejoice, because if this works right it will be the easiest of them all to swap!

Auto Transport Service
Back