• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rallye cluster testing the gauges

velrob

Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
I am in the process of testing my gauges and I'm getting the following readings at 22 ohms

Do the needles look low for 22 ohms?

It's going half way on the fuel gauge but I'm guessing the oil and temp needs to be adjusted? Not sure if they would be different ohms for half?

IMG20231027183506.jpg

IMG20231027183813.jpg

That's what I'm doing using resistors instead of a sending unit since I don't have one. I have 5v output on a 12v battery and then 22ohm resistor on the positive going to the gauge and then ground

My fuel gauge seems to be good, shows half way at 22 ohms. I'm just curious if the two gauges I posted oil/temp looks correct for 22 ohms. The needle moved a quarter way upm. I never worked with gauges before. If it's not I'll need to adjust the gauge.

I think your good, personally I have after market oil,water in my car with original gauges. My original oil gauge says 8psi but after market gauge says 70 psi. This way I know Im good. I would not want to tweak the needles and end up breaking it. Thats just me,good luck.

ya i guess your right. i do plan to put aftermarket gauges. i guess ill leave it be so i dont mess them up.

Auto Transport Service
Back