• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ran a new best 60 ft.

383man

Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
I went to a NSS show last weekend and my mph was down a tad from my best mph but I did manage an 11.58 @ 115 with a 1.57 sixty which is a new best 60 ft for my driver. My previous best 60 was a 1.59 and I best that twice that day. I also drove the car the 70 mile round trip and had no problems. Ron

100_1101.jpg

Great 60 footer and a good looking car. Nice time slip also!!

Hi Ron, Love the 63,your ET and 60 foot is a tad quicker than my 496 stroker Bee ,1.60 60 foot 11.7 ET @ 115
Heres a picture of a 63 maxie clone that I took at New Hamburg Ontario last year,original 383 4 speed Golden Commando car ,a twin to yours.

moparfest  2008 067.jpg

Thanks for all the kind replies. :) Beezee that looks alot like my 63. :yes: And it's a Sport Fury just like mine. But how about some pics of your Bee as I do like Super Bee's ! Here is a pic taken earlier this year at Maple Grove in PA. Ron

DSC_4859.jpg

The 63 came into Ontario from western Canada as a very clean rust free roller by a body shop friend who freshened the car with a new interior and 440 block with original max wedge heads ,cross ram,carbs ,manifolds etc,had to sell to pay the taxman.
Heres a shot of the Bee

moparfest  2008 015.jpg

Ah what a sweet 68 Bee !! That is one sweet Mopar that runs good. :yes: You must really feel great driving that bad boy around. :) Ron

I was not even thinking that I should have given a rundown on the car.

Anyway it is a stock body 63 Sport Fury with frame connectors and a 6 point rollbar added. The rest of the body is stock. The eng is a 70 440 made to look like a Max Wedge with a single carb as I just did not thave the funds for a crossram. Here is the eng specs:
Stock shortblock I rebuilt with stock crank and rods and I used .030 over KB quench pad pistons so I have nice .040 to .045 quench using 906 heads at 10.0 comp and it runs great on 92 pump. It has never had any race gas even in the tank. I ported the 906 heads and had them milled for a true 10.0 comp and I added Comp dual springs. I used the MP .557 cam and have Isky ductile iron rockers. Up top is a Holley Street Dominator intake with an 850 DP. Mallory electronic dist with MP orange control box.
I rebuilt the 727 trans with all Mopar parts other then the Turbo Action reverse manual valve body and a bolt in sprag. It has a Dynamic 9.5 converter that drives like a stock converter but flashes about 4200 at the track. It is an 8-3/4 rear with 4.30's and I use 30 x 9 Hoosier radial slicks for racing and driving on the street. The suspension is all stock with 3400 lb SS springs and Comp 90/10 shocks up front. It weighs just over 3700 with me in the car and the best et so far is 11.52 @ 116.84.
I drive the car everywhere as I love driving it and I drive it to the track also. So far it has always driven home. I did break an axle gear tooth once but it drove home as it just had some clunking on turns. :grin: I hope to build an aluminum head eng (Eddy's , Stealth's or Indy EZ) and I may stroke it as that will be my pump gas 10 second eng.

Beezee how about a rundown on your cool Bee and some more pics with an eng pic ? Thanks again for the kind replies , Ron

179824023.gif

Very impressive, but then again, it's a MoPar!! Next time show up to the track with a bag of groceries in the trunk.

Hi Ron ,look,s like you have a build that should be magazine featured ,a clean no frills package that makes Mopars rule.
My build is a 70 440 block with a 440 source 4.15 stroker kit, OTB E-brock RPM,s ,Scott Brown spec hydraulic cam ,Street Dominator with 950 Quick Fuel ,MSD ,built for .043 [email protected] compression with Ross flat-top pistons,runs great on Sunoco 94
SMR comp eliminator trans and SMR 3000 torque converter with 3.91 8 3/4 suregrip.
TTI exhaust 2" headers,3 1/2" collectors , 3" pipes out to the tips.My goal was to build a mid 11 second car and pretty much nailed it.:yes:

b16.jpg

496 3.jpg

b19.jpg

mopars tott car show 053.jpg

Beezee that looks really super nice. Sorry I have been so long getting back as it has been a real crazy week for me. I love your car and it is a really great running combo that sounds like it must be a very nice driver. :yes: Nothing like a super fine looking and running Mopar !! Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back