• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ran a new best et today !

383man

Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
I went to Cecil County Dragway in Md today with my 63 Sport Fury.and did run a new best by a little bit. It was a good day but not great as I have raced in better air there before 2 years ago. I ended up only getting two passes with an 11.49 @ 116 my best which betters my old best of 11.52. My 60 was a 1.60 as thats good for my car but my best 60 has been a 1.57. I was hoping to get another pass and try to run better but after waiting about 3 hrs we decided to drive home. We met Steve (Pink Duster) up there with his very fine 71 RoadRunner which ran very good also. Most of you know my combo but here is a quick rundown:

Basically is a stock .030 over 440 (446) shortblock with KB pistons and ARP main studs.
906 heads I ported and cut for 10.0 comp with the KB pistons.
MP .557 cam and Isky ductile iron rockers.
Holley Street Dominator intake with an 850 DP.
Mallory dist with MP electronic box.
Hedman 1-3/4 headers and 3" pipes with Ulta-Flow mufflers as I always run thru the pipes.
727 with 9.5 Dynamic converter.
SS springs and 4.30's with 30.x 9 radial Hoosier slicks.
Stock body and interior with frame connectors and a 6 point rollbar.
Car weighs just over 3700 with me in it.

My 11.49 pass was cool as I raced against a nice 65 Plymouth with a Eddy headed 440 that ran 11.81 along side me. I did have a fun day. Ron

mg2.jpg

that is one sweet ride and congrads on your new best....slicks wrinkled nice but i dont see any screws holding them to the rims....it could get ugly it a slick blew out and you wrecked ......good luck :yes:

Thanks for all the kind replies. :) Ron

First,congrats on both a great looking car and a great run. The combo I'd like to end up with is a little milder than yours,but close,with a 3.91 gear and 28-29" rear tires. I'm liking steel rear and TT-D front wheels more and more because of setups like yours.

Thanks Al. Thats a real nice 64 you have there. :yes: I know it would look great with TT up front and steelies out back. I was surprised how much more attention my 63 gets since going to this wheel combo. Ron

100_0946.jpg

Here is a cool pic of a 63 with black steelies and TT up front. And as a bonus he is racing a cool 63 ! I love this pic. :) Ron

375382142.jpg

Ah I mean a 64 with black steelies out back. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back